Head Girl and Head Boy

Hello! So this is a collection of one-shots which are totally cliche and cheesy. But I hope you enjoy them! I'm staying home because of cough cough corona, so if someone is actually interested in this then I will try to update in between school work and helping out at home. Please be safe, social distance yourself and wash your hands! I hope you enjoy the story!

Disclaimer: All the characters and settings belong to J.K Rowling herself.

The train was crowded with bustling and hurried students. The Hogwarts Express was about to leave. Lily Evans rushed past students clogging the pathway to the Prefects meeting which she was going to lead. She was the head girl and extremely proud she had been chosen. She swung open the compartment's door and was greeted by him.

"Potter" Lily said surprised. James Potter was standing at the table and gazed up at her.

"Evans, what a nice surprise. Didn't expect any less of you though. Congratulations on Head Girl" Potter exclaimed. Lily was taken back. What was Potter doing here? Did he know any better? He should have, he's stupid but smart enough to know he shouldn't be here. Unless. James Potter was Head Boy? He couldn't possibly be, was Dumbledore out of his damn mind?

"Thanks, Potter. So haha, funny little joke you pulled on me. Now give the badge back to Remus" Lily replied.

"Oh Evans, I am hurt. You think I'm not Head Boy? Though I must admit I was as surprised as you were" James chuckled.

"So you are Head Boy?" Lily exclaimed. 

"Believe it or not Evans" 

"I don't think I can" 

"Same... so I suppose we need to get ready for the prefects?" James questioned. Lily nodded.

"We just tell them the information and answer any questions, it's not that difficult" Lily replied. 

There was a knock at the door, James hopped up and pulled it open and a stream of Prefects walked in. Amongst the prefects were Remus and Severus. James smiled at his friend and scowled to snivellus.

"Welcome" Lily smiled to everyone.

***

Lily gazed at James while he answered questions from the prefects. He was a pretty good picture to look at. It was such a surprise to see him here, being responsible, taking charge. Last year was a rocky year for Lily. She had Severus following her around apologizing but she was never in the mood. But it was also the year Potter had stopped asking her out every second. It was strange to get used to after a few years of being asked to Hogsmeade but Lily didn't complain. Why am I staring at him? He's going to notice and I'll be embarrassed. But how much she complained in her thoughts she couldn't take her eyes off James. She was lost in her thoughts.

"Lily?" James questioned. Lily abruptly snapped out of her trance instantly. 

"Uh yeah, Potter?" Her face had flushed red. 

"Kate asked a question and I was wondering if you wanted to answer?" James asked, blushing a little bit. 

"Uh sure" Lily replied. She had been caught. James saw it, the prefects saw it, Remus and Severus saw it. She just wanted the ground to open up and swallow her whole.

***

"Marlene, Alice I need you! Instantly! I'm so embarrassed!" Lily wailed as she ran into their compartment and collapsed face-first onto a seat. Alice instantly sat next to her and Lily turned over and rested her head in Alice's lap.

"Aw what's wrong Lils?" Alice asked.

"I was caught doing something that I shouldn't have been doing in the prefects meeting" She moaned. 

"Ooh, like what?" Marlene asked interested. 

"Not important. But I made a complete fool out of myself in front of James and the prefects. My face had turned bright red!" Lily babbled.

"What was James doing in the meeting?" Alice questioned.

"No... it couldn't be. Unless... is James Head boy?" Marlene gasped. 

"Yes" Lily mumbled. The two burst out laughing.
"It's not funny! I'm stuck with him for the whole year!"

"Maybe that's Dumbledore's plan" Alice snickered.

"For you two to spend so much time together and fall in love" Marlene teased. Lily groaned.

"We're supposed to be helping me not making fun of me!" She exclaimed. 

"How can we help?" Marlene asked still laughing.

"Oh I dunno. Making sure I'm okay?" Lily growled.

"Are you okay?" Alice asked sympathetically stroking her hair.

"Wait. We need to know what you were caught doing" Marlene insisted.

"Ugh fine. I w-was caught looking at uh Potter" Lily confessed.

"You what!" Marlene exclaimed.

"You were staring at Potter?" Alice jeered.

"Oh Alice she's in love!" Marlene teased.

"Let's start planning the wedding!" Alice giggled.

"Oi you gits! I wasn't staring at him. I'm tired and was looking off into the distance, he just happened to be in the way. We're just friends. And I'm definitely not in love" Lily barked.

"Not yet" Marlene muttered softly. Lily glared at her.