Eye Contact

He was working. She was working. They were both working.

Charms. They were both working in charms.

But that didn't stop him. That didn't stop her. Lily breathed a sigh, when was this period going to end? She gazed around the room, everyone had their head down, quills scribbling on the parchment. Well, nearly everyone. There was one messy black-haired boy whose eyes were fixated on her own. Lily stared deep into his eyes, deeper and deeper as if she fell into a trance. Not being able to, not wanting to look away. He had uneven, childlike eyes full of wonder and hope but also sparkled. The hazel eyes peered back into her own through his glasses. He broke into a smile.
Lily Evans, Lily Evans staring at me?! Me, James Potter? The toe rag she despised since first year?
His smile was contagious as Lily was trying to fight off a grin. But she couldn't, James Potter was staring at her!
Wait. Why am I excited about James Potter staring at me? He has done that for years! Why am I staring back? It couldn't possibly be. No, no, no! I refuse to say or even dare to think that! But every time I look at his handsome face... LILY! Get a grip of yourself! You do not fancy Potter even though his smile is the cutest thing in the world, he's like a playful mischievous puppy. Lily stop! What if I can't?
Lily sighed again.

James looked at her troubled eyes, wondering what he had done wrong. She had returned to her work, perhaps he should as well. But he couldn't get her out of his mind. It was her eyes. Her eyes were the most beautiful thing about her. They were innocent, loving and caring but wild. They were a glimmering green colour, the type you get lost in. And he always did.
Her laugh, came a close second. It was a beautiful sound that he longed to hear. If only he would be the one to course her laugh. Laugh until she had tears in her eyes. Until her stomach hurt.

Lily, stop thinking of how cute James hair is! But it totally is, have you seen it? Lily groaned, her mind was at battle with her heart. She glanced up to see James again and he was already there. She was about to turn away but he had stuck his tongue out. He was making a face. Lily chuckled softly. This was a competition and she was not about to lose. She pulled a face back, cross-eyed, tongue poking out. She heard him laugh quietly. He quickly returned one and so did she.
I'm making her laugh. I'm making Lily Evans laugh! She covered her mouth as if not to explode with giggles everywhere. This made her even more irresistible.
Why is he so perfect? If he was less perfect this wouldn't be happening right now! I do not fancy James Potter. I couldn't possibly... but what if I do?