Cancelled

Just a random one-shot that would happen if Lily and James weren't magical.

"We should have left hours ago! They should just cancel the flight and not keep delaying it"

"If they cancel it you would have to find a hotel room"

"There are billions of airport hotels, it will be easy as to find one"

"You never know, around Christmas is always a busy time, just make sure you don't end up sleeping in an airport lounge or anything"

"Trust me, I am getting a room if it's the last thing I d- WOAH"

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" Am English accent apologized repeatedly.
"I am so sorry, are you, okay Miss?"

Lily opened her eyes and all thoughts about her phone call to her best friend were completely thrown out the window as she saw the person she bumped into. Messy would be an understatement for his jet black hair. It poked out everywhere, not wanting to be pushed down. Swirls of golden honey would describe his eyes that gazed up and down her body, inspecting her curves, face, eyes. His cheeks wore some freckles, spread out from each other, Lily estimated around 20 freckles all in all. His spectacles slid to the top of his nose, she had to fight herself from pushing them back up so they wouldn't fall.

"Are you okay Miss?" He repeated, not leaving her gaze.

"I am absolutely fine" she smiled.

Oh even her voice was like an angel. And her smile. So perfect with white, shining pearls. Everything about her was unearthly, in a good way. Her bright flaming hair stood out from everyone else around him. It was pulled back into a messy bun, strands falling everywhere. Her emerald green eyes, enhancing to anyone who looked to long. They trapped him in a trance. Her face was plastered with freckles, about a thousand James poorly guessed. She looked about a foot shorter than him. She held an empty plastic coffee bottle and had a bag slung around her with a suitcase right by her side. Beneath a thin jacket was a Gryffindor t-shirt matched with some leggings.

"Ten points to Gryffindor" He grinned after looking her up and down. She blushed.

"You like Harry Potter too?"

"Like? I love Harry Potter"

"Know you're house?"

"Same like you Gryffindor, Miss-?"

"Miss Evans. Miss Lily Evans"

"Well Miss Lily Evans it's a pleasure to meet you"

"And who might you be?"

"James Potter at your service"

"At my service? So you're my house-elf?"

"In a way I guess I am"

"Well then, take my coffee bottle to the bin". James bowed before grabbing the bottle out of her hands to throwing it in the bin.
"Impressive shot, twenty points to Gryffindor"

"Did we just reward our own houses?"

"Ha, I guess we did" Lily chuckled.

"So what are you doing catching this flight back to London?"

"Well I was in New York for Christmas, visiting my sister who basically hates me and now I'm going back home, what about you James?"

"I was in New York for some work, also just returning back home"

"To your girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?"

"At home, do you have a girlfriend?"