Lily and James Potter

"I swear NEWTs killed me"

"It killed me first"

"No it killed me first!"

"It did not Prongs"

"Oh I think it did Padfoot". Lily turned to Marlene.

"We're in love with idiots" Lily shook her head and Marlene giggled.

It had been a tough two weeks that consisted of no sleep, quick revisions and cramming and no pranks on the marauders half. They had gotten through NEWTs and were now enjoying their study free, Friday afternoon. Hanging around the black lake was obviously the marauders joined with Lily, Marlene and Alice with Frank.

"But... can you guys believe it? We're nearly finished" Alice spoke.

"Only a few more weeks" Remus exclaimed.

"And then we're done" Peter added.

"Then we're in the real world" Marlene sighed. Silence covered the eight as they began thinking of their future.

"I wish I was just a kid again" Sirius admitted.

"You still are Pads" James chuckled.

"I am not!"

"Yeah you are"

"I'm not!"

"I have a million examples of how you are still a child"

"LA LA LA LA LA! NOT LISTENING! NOT LISTENING!" Sirius blocked his ears.

"And that's example one" Remus snorted. The group broke out into a laugh. Although Lily laughed and wore a smile, inside she was feeling extremely miserable.
James glanced at Lily as they finished laughing and immediately knew something was off.

"Lils, what's wrong?" James whispered.

"Well it's... it's a stupid thing" Lily shrugged it off.

"Lils, you can tell me"

"Well... what's going to happen to us? After Hogwarts and stuff?" Lily stared into his swirling honey pool eyes.

"Well. Funny you ask" James winked. He stood up, taking Lily's hand in his own and led her to the edge of the lake.

"Lily Evans. The first time I realized I loved you was in third year. It was the first time you hexed me after I pranked you because you didn't attend my quidditch game. We both got detention. In that detention, it was the first time we had a civil conversation, the first time I made you smile and the first time I made you laugh. It was a quiet realization. I loved your smile. But then I was an arrogant toe-rag and said Snape didn't deserve you. During that pleasant argument, you told me you hated me for the first time. I love you-", James advanced onto one knee, "So will you, Lily Evans, marry me, James Potter the arrogant toe-rag?". He brought out a box and opened it revealing a ring. Lily gasped as she saw it.
The shank was thin, the shoulders and prongs were holding a small-sized diamond. Lily absolutely loved it. It wasn't flashy or big, just dainty, attractive and tasteful.

"James", Lily began, tears of joy in the corner of her eyes, "I never hated you".

"I know" James whispered, still frightened to the core of what her answer was going to be.

"James Potter the arrogant toe-rag, I will marry you" Lily grinned. James breathed a sigh of relief before placing the ring on Lily's hand. James scooped her up in his arms but not before kissing her. The marauders, Marlene, Alice and Frank cheered, running forward to congratulate the newly engaged couple. Sirius, Marlene and Alice with tears in their eyes.

"Oh Alice she's in love" Marlene trembled before breaking out into tears.

"Let's start planning the wedding" Alice grinned, trying not to cry.