Abra Ka Dabra

James laid on the couch, half-asleep with a potions book open and across his face. Lily quietly and carefully crept on the tip of her toes. He was sprawled on the couch so Lily crouched next to him.

"James. James" Lily murmured, barely audible, while brushed his hair with her fingers.

"Mmmm?" James groaned under his breath, stirring awake.

"You don't have to get up but can I perform a spell on you?"

"Uh sure" He murmured. Lily backed away from the crouched position she had been in a second ago.

"Okay. Get ready"

Lily held her wand, pointed at James.

"Abra Ka Dabra!" She yelled. Half asleep, James had misheard what she heard. So going off of the misheard words James had to decide quickly. Jump away out of the aim or get ready for the impact? Bracing himself for it to happen wouldn't do him any help at all. Even if it was too late he had to try to get out of the wall.
James rolled off the couch, landing face-first onto the carpet. Lily burst out laughing.

"Wh-what was that?!" Lily exclaimed, clutching her stomach.

"I could ask the same thing" James groaned, pushing himself up from the ground.

"Abra ka dabra" Lily repeated. James ducked again.
"You don't need to duck!" Lily burst out laughing again.

"I don't want to get killed!"

"Killed? How would that get you killed?"

"Oh I don't know... Merlin, it's the killing curse?!"

"Oh you thin-" She couldn't finish her sentence before laughs took control.

"I thought you loved me Lils"

"I- I just n-need a minute" Lily gasped for air.

***

"So you're saying it's not the killing curse"

"It's a stupid muggle thing"

"Oh... so you do love me?"

"Yeah I do knucklehead"

"You're sure?"

"Well actually I've had some regrets and concerns lately about loving you- yes, get it through your thick skull. I love you" Lily shook her head in disbelief, though smiling at her boyfriend.

"Love you too" James playfully shoved her.

"But you should have seen your face" Lily broke into a grin, chuckling at the recent memory.