º chapter five º

______________

"And then, he was like 'Oh yeah, we've got to stop bumping in to each other like this'," Twilight giggled, along with the others.

The seven girls were sitting around their table in the cafeteria, nattering about their day. They all found that lunch time was the best part of their day, since they all got to catch up. There was never really old news when they were around.

"So, what are you lot doing to raise money for the trip? Everfree isn't long from now girls! Only a month I think!" Rarity smiled, setting her hands on the table.

Applejack tipped her head forward, "Well ah was gonna see if ah could do some extra chores or somethin', just to get some cash. But ah dunno really... ah can't really think of anything to do..."

Rarity smiled at her, "Well that's very thoughtful of you darling!"

Applejack raised her eyebrows, "Yeah... But ah'm guessing you've come up with a huge plan?" She laughed waving her arms about.

Rarity nervously laughed, "Oh...oh no I haven't really... ehem .. I was just going to sell some of my designs, which might round up a few dollars."
Fluttershy clapped, and the other girls smiled.

"Yeah that's a great idea Rarity!" Pinkie grinned. She then glanced at the girl sitting opposite her on the table. Rainbow Dash was fiddling with her food, staring into space.
"What's on your mind Rainbow?" Pinkie asked, still keeping her same loud, happy tone.

Rainbow didn't look up. Whatever she was thinking had obviously completely lost her in her thoughts.
Sunset, who was sitting next to the daydreaming girl, nudged her in the side. "Dash what's up?"

   Rainbow finally snapped out of it. "Oh uh..." she cleared her throat, "Oh me, nothing... nothing!"

"Are you sure? Somethings obviously caught you up," Sunset asked, raising her eyebrows. Sunset put the pieces together and decided that whatever was going on with Rainbow a Dash had something to do with why she had wanted to 'clear her mind' last night.
Sunset gently placed her hand on her friends knee, "It's ok, you can tell us when you want to."

Rainbow smiled at Sunset gratefully, "Yeah yeah, it's nothing really... I just— yeah don't worry. Thanks," she laughed nervously.

"Darling, if anything's wrong, we're all here for you!" Rarity smiled.

   "Hehe... thank you guys," Dash laughed nervously.

Fluttershy put her hand on Rainbow's shoulder, before checking the time and observing other students moving around the cafeteria. "We better go girls. Rainbow, we have history now."

They made their way to their classes. Rainbow a Dash and Fluttershy went to their lesson together, and sat in their allocated seats, which just happened to be next to each other. Soon enough, their teacher came bustling in, grinning as always. Rainbow Dash however felt the opposite mood to her positive teacher.

"Afternoon everyone! Right, let's mark who's here and begin our lesson, eh?" she took out her spectacles and placed them on the bridge of her nose, peering into the computer screen. She read out the list of names in the class, and began teaching.