º chapter twelve º

It wasn't a long walk to Twilight's home, however it sure felt like one. Everybody was in silence. As the approached the door, Twilight paused and turned to face Sunset and Dash, who were in fact holding hands.

"Um, I really don't mean to be rude, but my parents are like, super homophobic... so..." Twilight states, hanging her head.

"It's ok! No worries," Sunset smiled. She and Dash laughed and separated their hands. Twilight unlocked the front door and immediately her mom's voice was heard.

"Be there in a second sweetie!" she yelled, accompanied by footsteps, and then the woman appeared in the hallway. She didn't particularly look like Twilight.

"Oh hiya girls! You can call me Velvet. Nice to meet you three," Velvet smiled. She welcomed to the girls quickly, and then the four of them headed up to Twilight's room.

"Wow, I can't believe I've never been to your place before Twilight!" Sunset laughed.

"Yeah me neither!" Twilight giggled. They set down their stuff and got comfortable. They were determined to do one thing today: find out who the messages were from.

"Do we have any... suspects?" Twilight chuckled. Each girl shook their head.

"Nope. Well, it was Applejack, but that was proved to be wrong... heh. Sorry AJ," Rainbow laughed nervously. AJ glanced at her and fluttered her eyes.

"Ah told ya, it's ok Dash. Just a misunderstanding. It does mean that whoever this person is seems to know a lot about me, and you guys," Applejack continued, pointing at the young lovers.

The girls pondered on it, and then Rainbow suddenly sprung up.

"Woah! Thought of something, or someone?" Sunset asked Rainbow Dash, who just laughed.

"No, no, I just really need to pee. Where's the bathroom Twilight?" Rainbow asked. Both Applejack and a Sunset shook their head laughing, and Twilight navigated Dash to the bathroom.

"So...uhm.... has Dash told ya about how ah actually know her? About our childhood?" Applejack asked Sunset, now that the pair were left alone.

"Yeah she did... It's no big deal though right? You guys have gotten over it?" Sunset smiled, questionably. Applejack nodded.

"But from what Rainbow Dash told me, this hacker texter person also knows about what happened. Is there anyone else you told?" Applejack asked, "And I want ya to be honest. Ah won't be mad."

Sunset thought, and she remembered telling one person, "Yeah, but only Twilight. And she would never do anything like this."

Applejack raised her eyebrow just as Twilight walked in.
"I'd never do what?"

"Oh nothing, don't worry. We're just trynna work this out," Sunset smiled. She then gazed around the room, loosing focus, "You're room is huge by the way," she added, out of nowhere.

"Oh, um... thanks..." Twilight laughed faintly. Rainbow Dash then reappeared and the girls got back to work.

"Ok so it has to be someone close, right? Someone who knows enough about us to use the information againsts us," Sunset stated, and the girls nodded.

"Yeah, as much as ah don't wanna believe that, youre right..." AJ agreed. Sunset then went through and screenshoted the messages she'd been sent. All of them. She reread the last one.

"You gay little idiots! You ignored what I said, Sunset! Rainbow Dash has dangerous emotions. DONT say I didn't warn you!"

Sunset sighed, and screenshotted it.

"You ok?" Rainbow Dash asked, peering over Sunset's shoulder to look at her phone.

Dash read the message, out loud, and everyone gasped.

"Oh my god! That's awful!" Twilight said.

"I swear if I find this person," Rainbow a Dash gritted her teeth and clenched her fists.

"Woah woah woah, calm down..." Applejack laughed.

The girls continued to talk about the messages, but it got them no where, and after na hour, they were back at square one.

   "Perhaps we should just take a break from all of this. Why don't we go outside," Twilight suggested, much to the girls agreement. They headed downstairs and into the garden. Nightlight, Twilight's father, was outside. He greeted the girls pleasantly and left them alone outside.

    Rainbow Dash yawned as the four sat down on the grass.

   "Wake up early?" Twilight asked the girl, who was now sprawled across the grass.

   "No, we nearly missed school she woke up so late!" Sunset laughed, playfully hitting Rainbow's elbow.

   "Oh, I forgot y'all lived together now. How's that going?" Applejack smirked.

  "Is Dash helping pay rent?" Twilight jointed in, laughing,

   This made Rainbow Dash sit ups straight, causing everyone to fall into heaps of laughter.

   "No, no, I don't pay rent anyway. My mom pays, and I've made her a promise that I will pay her back... when I earn enough money...." Sunset laughed nervously.

    "Thank god, because I'm broke," Rainbow laughed.

     "Ah'm glad you two have ended up together. Ah think it's sweet," Applejack smiled, staring at the pair. "Don't ya agree Twi?"

    Twilight cleared her throat, "Yeah, I think... I think it's cute," she smiled.

    "Thanks," Rainbow chirped. She grabbed Sunset's hand and squeezed it, subtly as she remembered what Twilighy had said about her parents. Rainbow noticed how Sunset was constantly checking her phone. Even though she said it's fine, it clearly wasn't, and a Dash could tell that Sunset was worried. This catfisher would pay the consequences.

     They headed back up to Twilight's room not long afterwards to continue their search. They did it in between light conversation.

     "Um, guys do any of you want a drink, or a snack? Twilight suggested. The three girls nodded happily, and Twilight got up to go get food for the others.

    "I'll come with you Twi," Sunset offered, getting up and headed downstairs with her.

    It was awkward silence between Rainbow and AJ, but after a while it was finally broken.

    "Y'know, ah feel like we've had so much tension for so long, and ah'm just so glad things are ok again..." Applejack sighed, and smiled.

    "Yeah me too," Rainbow responded.

    Sunset had actually left her phone in the room, unlocked, and Dash stared at it, long and hard.

   "What if I just, text them back? See if they reply?" Rainbow suggested out of the blue.

    "Ah dunno, should you wait for Sunset to get back?" Applejack asked. Rainbow shrugged.

    "I mean, we're in this together right? Technically this anonymous user is affected all of us.... well apart from Twilight... so it's not like we shouldn't get involved," Rainbow stated. She typed a message to '?' using Sunset's phone.

     'We don't want to start up any trouble with you, but if you just tell us why you are doing this, and who you are, we can help you.... After we punish you of course..."

      Rainbow showed AJ the message.

    "Ah mean, sure... go ahead. Send it..." she shrugged.

    Rainbow sent it. What they pair weren't expecting, was that another phone in that bedroom had buzzed, receiving a message. It could only be that message. Someone in Twilight's room was lying.