º chapter nine º

The sleepover was a blast, and everyone had fun. Sunset and Rainbow Dash left Fluttershy's place around 11am together and headed back to Dash's home, where of course they were warmly welcomed by her mother.

Of course, they were now entering the house as a couple rather than two friends, which had been made official that night.

         "We're gonna head upstairs mom!" Rainbow called as the pair headed up to her room.

       "Okay sweetie!" Windy replied.

        They lounged about in Dash's room. Sunset fiddled on her phone so she could get to adding those lyrics (which Rainbow herself had come up with) to her song. Sunset then looked up for a moment to meet eyes with her girlfriend, who had undoubtedly been staring at her for the past ten minutes. Rainbow had a broad grin across her face.

       "What are you smiling at?" Sunset chuckled.

       "You," Rainbow replied without hesitation.

       Sunset brought her knees in towards her chest and smiled. Rainbow chuckled.

      "I'm so glad that it's turned out like this..." Dash sighed, " I mean I may not have shown it, but I was pretty nervous that it would flunk when I... y'know... just went in and kissed you."

      Sunset shook her head and laughed, "Well I'm beyond glad you did. I don't have that confidence."
      The pair laughed, happy to be in each other's company.

       "Anyways, about that song..." Sunset tapped away at her phone and handed Dash and earplug. When she pressed play, both girls realised how fitting the song was for the moment. Dash's lyrics were so perfect, and the girls immediately fell into complete silence.

       However, after the song was finished, Windy Whistles broke their silence. "Girls, I just wanted to check if everything was ok up there! You don't need a snack or anything?"

      Rainbow sighed, "Yeah mom we're fine! You don't need to check on us!"

     Sunset chuckled. She then had a thought, "Are you... out to your parents?"

Rainbow looked at Sunset dead in the eye, then fiddled with the string on her hoodie. "No, I'm not," she shrugged.

"Ok, I was just curious," Sunset smiled. Ok, this silence was now awkward.

"Are you?" Dash asked back. She then glanced over at Sunset who was now deep in thought.

"You ok?" Rainbow added, with a chuckle.

"Yeah. And no, I'm not out to my mom. I don't know my dad, and me and my mom haven't spoken in years, so I guess that doesn't really make much of a difference," Sunset smiled half-heartedly. But before Rainbow could attempt to comfort Sunset (who wasn't really in need of any comforting), a ping sound was heard.

The notification came from Sunset's phone, which was lying on the floor in view of both girls. On the screen it showed that the message was from a contact named '?', and the message included a photo. The two girls exchanged glances before opening the phone.

Sunset sat up straight against the wall, and Rainbow huddled closer, so she could see the screen of course,
The message read:

Hey Sunset. I know you don't believe me about Rainbow Dash, but I have proof that she's not who she says she is.

The message also had a photo attached. The photo was actually a screenshot of another text conversation, between supposed '?' and Rainbow Dash. Some of the messages that Rainbow Dash had apparently sent were... not so nice. Threats towards Sunset, and bullying messages.