º chapter six º

A/N If you've been reading for a while at this point you might wanna take a break because I'm warning you this is a long chapter...

Friday was a breeze of relief to many students. Sunset, Applejack and Rainbow Dash spent the whole day together at tryouts, and had a blast. But by the end of the day they were all tired. Sunset was still picking up tension between AJ and Dash, but didn't mention it.

        Rainbow Dash and Sunset had agreed the day before that the pair would go to Rainbow's house afterwards, so they said goodbye to AJ and walked to her place.

"Oh... just warning you, my mom is very overprotective, talkative and nosy, so if she starts to creep you out then—" Rainbow explained, cut off by Sunset laughing.

"She sounds like a pretty amazing mom, so I'm excited to meet her." Sunset grinned.
      Rainbow knocked on the door, embarrassed to have forgotten her keys.

A tall, slender woman greeted them, "Hiya girls! You must be Sunset! Come in you two!" She had a raspy voice, like Rainbow Dash's voice, but not as harsh. Sunset grinned, she took a liking to her almost immediately.

"I'm Windy Whistles! You can call me Windy... or Mrs Whistles... or mom... or whatever..." Windy smiled, causing Rainbow Dash to vigorously roll her eyes and Sunset to laugh. The lady continued, "Now, I've heard many things about you Sunset! Tell us a little about yourself!"
      She gestured to the living room, where a grinning man, of about forty, was lounging on the sofa. He waved.

Sunset walked over and greeted him, before turning back to Windy, "You've heard good things I hope!" Sunset averted her eyes to Rainbow Dash who seemed to be dying of pure embarrassment in the corner of the room.
"Of course dear! Our Rainbow Dash very much admires—" Windy was cut off by her daughter.

"Thanks mom, but we really gotta go do... work now. Love you bye!" Dash ran up stares, beckoning for Sunset to follow. The girl meekly smiled and followed her friend up to her room.
      Sunset took it all in. There were several trophies and posters pretty much everywhere you turned, and Rainbow a Dash was slouched on a bean bag in the middle of the room.

"Come sit!" Rainbow gestured to a seat next to her, and Sunset happily sat down.

"Your parents seem very nice," Sunset grinned.

"Was that meant to be sarcastic?" Rainbow rolled her eyes, and Sunset laughed and shook her head. For about an hour the two decided on and played a video game, which they both sincerely enjoyed, and afterwards, Sunset agreed to show Dash a sample of her song which she had recorded on her phone.

She pressed play, and the two listened for a minute in silence. There were no lyrics yet, just the calming music.

As the song went on, the more they enjoyed it, and on one specific part, they met eyes. Only for a few seconds, and for no reason in particular.

The song finished, and they broke their gaze.

"Uh... wow! That was amazing. You have skill." Rainbow Dash smiled warmly, returned by Sunset.
"You should sing though," Dash added.

"Well, I was thinking maybe you should sing for me," Sunset smiled sincerely. Rainbow laughed and shook her head, paused for a moment, and then looked up.

"You know what? Maybe I'll get to writing some lyrics. The song is so good," Dash smiled.

"Thank you..." she beamed. They both got caught up in the moment, until Rainbow's mom called the girls from downstairs for dinner.
Sunset was surprised as she really didn't expect Rainbow's family to have provided dinner for her as well. She was sincerely grateful.