º chapter seven º

"Come sit down Rainbow!" Windy smiled, patting the sofa next to her. Rainbow Dash closed the front door once Sunset was out of view. She was about to roll her eyes to her mother, but something in her heart stopped her. Dash joined her mom on the sofa.

"So, I must say, I'm proud of you for finding such a lovely girl to be your friend," Windy grinned.

"Yeah well, maybe... I mean, AJ kind of introduced me to her, and I have other friends too..." Dash shrugged, "Sunset's just..."

Windy cocked her eyebrow, "More special? I get it. You know, when I was your age—"

"Oh no please, mom! Not again! I don't need to hear more childhood stories!" Rainbow groaned, with a glint in her eye. Her mom picked up on this and threw a pillow at her daughter, both of them falling into easy laughter.

"What's the deal with AJ anyways?" Windy asked, tucking her legs up onto the sofa to get comfortable, "I mean, you used to talk about her loads, and now..."

"Yeah well, I guess since I've found new people at Canterlot High, me and Applejack haven't been... as close..." Rainbow cleared her throat. She wanted to tell her mom about the whole situation with Applejack. It was just so much easier to tell it to Sunset, and talking about it with her mom would be so awkward, so she left it. She hadn't even come out to her mom yet, and she had to Sunset! That girl was so easy to talk to, and she was so sincere, and smart, and talented. Oh she was so falling for her, it was hard to keep a lid on her feelings sometimes, but she knew she had to.

______________________________

       Meanwhile, Sunset was walking down the lonely pavement of the dark street. It, for some reason, had got significantly colder. She was in the middle of a pointless, but fun texting conversation with Twilight. Twilight knew everything about Sunset, literally. Like, she didn't even have to tell Twi most things, because she would end up figuring it out. Twilight had even figured out Sunset's feeling for Dash, before Sunset herself had, but Sunset didn't know that.

Twilight: So? Were her parents nice? What did you guys talk about?

Sunset: They were so nice! Dash is so lucky! And we didn't talk about much...

       Sunset tried to resist the urge to tell Twilight all that Dash had been through with Applejack. She really tried, but she couldn't stop the temptation.

Sunset: Okay, you cannot tell anyone that you know this, but there is literal drama going on between Dash and AJ

Twilight: Oooooo. Do spill x

Sunset: Bear with me....

      This excited Sunset. She hated keeping everything to herself.

Sunset: So basically, they were... you could say childhood friends, like Dash said before when I asked them how they knew each other. But you remember there being a little tension between them, right? Like, you saw AJ's eye roll?

Twilight: Yes.... Continue

Sunset: Apparently, Applejack actually used to be crushing on Dash a while back, and when Dash found out, she teased AJ, and it kinda turned into bullying, because Dash didn't know how to react... right? Not her fault.

Twilight: I think you might be biased, but carry on.

       Sunset ignored Twilights comment and continued.

Sunset: But then, AJ was really hurt apparently, and she says that if Dash does anything like that to any of us then AJ will tell everyone what Dash was like and tell her that she liked her.