º chapter ten º

Rainbow looked up into Sunset's worried eyes.

"I'm such a wuss," Rainbow said, sitting up.

"No, you're not," Sunset said. She took Dash's hand. "Rainbow, you handled that situation the best way I could have imagined. I can't even begin to think about how hard that must have been for you to tell your parents. You're anything but a wuss," Sunset had tears in her eyes, and Dash did too.

After a happy ten seconds of silence, Dash sighed, "Well, what now?"

"It's just gone eleven o'clock, so it's a little early for lunch...." Sunset was interrupted by a spam of messages from her phone. She rolled her eyes. Totally ruined the moment.

Of course, both girls weren't surprised to find the messages were from '?' and the texts were all screenshots of supposed text conversations between ? and Rainbow Dash.

"I've had enough of this!" Rainbow yelled. She then pulled out her own phone, dialled a number, and started pacing around the park while the phone rang.

"AJ! Where are you?" Rainbow asked into the phone. Sunset observed as Dash continuously rolled her eyes.

    "Come meet me and Sunset, at SugarCube Corner, in at least fifteen minutes." Rainbow finished, ending the call. She then grabbed Sunset's arm to pull her up, and before anything else could be said, they were headed towards the cafe.

     "I really think this is a bad idea, but..." Sunset began.

   "This is the only way we are gonna prove it's Applejack who's been sending you these messages. No but's," Rainbow said. The girls took a seat in the booth. They didn't get anything to eat or drink, but they awaited Applejack's arrival patiently. When the farmgirl finally burst through the doors, Sunset felt Rainbow Dash tense up. She put her hand on her thigh.

     "Hey y'all. Something wrong?" Applejack started. Before she could sit down to join the girls, Rainbow began climbing over Sunset's legs to get out of her seat.

     "Do not play innocent with us!" Rainbow yelled. Sunset observed both Mrs Cake's and AJ's startled face.

      "Dash, calm down," she said, reaching to put her hand on her girlfriend's arm, however Dash slapped it away.

      "Ah think ah missed somethin'" Applejack began.

     Sunset cleared her throat, "Uhm, guys. Can we...uh... go outside and talk about this please..."

    They silently followed Sunset's instructions and headed towards a small grassy area nearby.

     "Rainbow a Dash, ah'm sorry but ah have nothin' to say to ya. I don't have a clue what yer on about," AJ shook her head, looking over at Sunset who had her hands covering her face in shame.

      "You have been messaging my girlfriend for the past few days, and I know why. Do you wanna know what I think. I think it's because you're too selfish to understand that I've moved on from you Applejack. You don't want me to be with Sunset because you're jealous," Rainbow yelled.

      "Okay, okay, now calm down," Sunset sighed, but Applejack was pondering on something.

     "Say what now? Girlfriend? Since when?" Applejack said. Neither of the girls answered her statement.

    "AJ, I'm sorry... but if you wanted to talk about Rainbow Dash, and warn me or whatever it was you texted   me about, you really didn't need to do it anonymously," Sunset smiled, somewhat sympathetically at Applejack. She spoke in a much more peaceful tone compared to Rainbow's previous outburst.