Two And A Half Years Later

Footsteps echoed throughout the empty hallways. The sound of doors opening, and slamming shut sounded.

"Not here!" Many voices down different hallways grumbled frustratedly.

Two of those voices belonged to Sakura Haruno, and Naruto Uzumaki. The remaining members of Team 7, now renamed as Team Kakashi.

A certain blonde headed teen let out an irritated grunt. He could feel Kurama stirring in anticipation.

For what, he didn't know.

BANG!

Naruto heard it all the way from his hall. Rushing toward the explosion, he stopped short, seeing his team mates staring up at something.

Sakura in shock, while Sai, their 'temporary' replacement for their long gone team mate Sasuke, stood with his usual emotionless expression.

"Sasuke..." that one word - that one name - was all it took to have Naruto moving again.

"Naruto!"

"Well, well, if it isn't Sakura." Naruto skid to a stop, eyes squinting as his eyes stopped at the same spot Sakura's were trained. "And Naruto. I suppose Kakashi is here as well?"

There stood at the top of the large ditch, was Sasuke Uchiha.

"Sasuke.." Naruto's eyes narrowed as he noticed the boy was alone.

"Sorry to disappoint, but in was sent in his stead." Yamato, the temporary leader of Team Kakashi stepped from the hideout, coming into the light.

"Is that my replacement?" Sasuke ignored the comment as his eyes landed on Sai. "I thought you already had a weak link on the team. You didn't need another one." He stated, hand poised on his hip.

Naruto barely heard the conversation between Sasuke and Sai. All he knew, was that it was about bonds.

"If that's true! If that's true, then why didn't you kill me that day!" Naruto shouted, voice slightly breaking at the end.

"Hn, I merely spared your life on a whim." Sasuke retorted, gaze sliding to the blonde. "I simply didn't want to obtain power the same as my brother did." He said. "But I have a feeling, that won't br the case this time."

In an instant, Sasuke was in front of Naruto, left hand on the blondes right shoulder, and his free hand on his sword. "Tell me, Naruto. Wasn't it your dream to become Hokage? Why would you waste all your time chasing after me, when all this time, you could have been training."

Naruto grit his teeth. "How can I become Hokage if i can't even save one friend."

"I see." Sasuke glanced at the blonde from the corner of his eye. "Then I think this time, I won't spare your life on a whim." He unsheethed his sword and poised it at Naruto's back.

Moving to stab his old friend, Sasuke blade was stopped.

By Sai.

"The block you used was correct." Sasuke stated blankly, moving away.

The next few moments came and went in a sort of blur. Sasuke flipped Naruto onto his back, and jumped away from Sakura's chakra punch. Yamato tried to stab the teen and only got stabbed in the process.

With his blade embedded in Yamato's shoulder, Sasuke dared a look at Naruto, sharingan activated.

A few moments passed in the outside world, and Yamato pushed the blade from his body using Wood Style, catching Sasuke off guard.