Choices

Miyu's Pov. 

"I'm sorry, imouto," I stared up at Itachi, tears filling my eyes. "I will come for you when it's time, but until then, I must take this memory away." Itachi smiled sadly, his hand atop my head. 

"Why?" My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. Itachi sighed, the sad smile never leaving. "N-Nii-san?" 

"Forgive me, imouto," He leaned in, brushing my bangs away, and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead. "I love you, and I will see you soon." 

**

"Orochimaru... is dead.." I wiped away all emotion as the words were spoken. I knew it was coming. I knew it had happened. And yet, hearing the news, my heart dropped even more. But even when tears threatened to spill from my eyes, I kept a straight face. 

"How can he be dead?!" Sakura as well as Naruto gasped. Lowering my head, I let my bangs cover my eyes, thankful no one noticed. Not even Naruto who was questioning Tsunade. 

"It..." A glance my way. "It was Sasuke.." Taking a deep breath, I crossed my arms over my chest, ignoring the looks I was getting. 

"H-How is that possible?" Sakura asked, sounding on the verge of tears. 

"Excuse me.." I murmured, turning and going to the door. Grasping the handle, I turned it, and left the room, letting the door slam behind me. Going to the balcony, I jumped right off, taking to the rooftops.

Holding the tears in, I stopped when I reached the training grounds. It was then that I let my legs buckle beneath me, sending me to the ground.

It hurt to know that Sasuke had been able to move on with his plan.

It hurt to know he was capable of killing someone. 

It hurt to know he was one step closer to Nii-san. 

"Miyu-sama..." My head jerked up at the sound of my name. Looking down, there was a small snake in my lap. He looked no bigger than an average garden snake. I recognized him clearly. "Are you alright?" His deep voice sounded curious, but at the same time worried. 

"I'm fine," I whispered. "What is it, Hakuba?" The snake bowed his head a bit as I lowered my hand to the ground. Wrapping around my wrist, He kept his head on the side, opposite of my palm. 

"Sasuke-sama sent me with a message, as well as an order." Hakuba said, My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as a scroll appeared in my hand. "Open it, ma'am." 

Untying the ribbon, I rolled the scroll open. 

Miyu, 

I am in the Land of Waves with Suigetsu, beginning Team Taka.
Just as we talked about, the team will contain Suigetsu, Karin, and Jugo. 
Imouto, I want you to join us as soon as possible. 
Though it is your decision, I would prefer you here with me where I can keep you close.
When your decision is made, send Hakuba back to me. 

"W-What?" I bit my lip, eyes narrowed on the scroll. The words rang through my head, and it didn't help. Sasuke wanted me to join him so soon after killing Orochimaru? And so soon after I had gotten back to Naruto?

Why...?

I don't understand...

"Miyu!" I shoved the scroll into my kimono, turning as Naruto sank down beside me. "Are you okay?" He asked, frowning as his hand lifted to my cheek. Nodding, I leaned into his touch. "I can't believe it..." 

Neither could I. And now he wants me to join him... 

I want to.. but I want to stay with Naruto.. 

I don't know what to do. 

My brother? Or my Boyfriend? 

"Come on, sweetheart. Let's go home." I hadn't even realized Naruto stood until he held out his hand in front of my face. When I didn't answer, I was scooped up bridal style. "Miyu, what's wrong?" Shaking my head, I buried my face in the collar of his jacket, my fingers clutching the material.

Within moments, I was being set down on a bed. Naruto sighed, looking distraught.

"It'll be okay," I whispered. I don't know who I was talking to.. him.. or myself.. "It'll.. work out.." Naruto's eyes snapped to my face and he sent me a small smile.

"Yeah."

Sasuke... What's running through your mind?

****

After we went to bed, I found it incredibly difficult to sleep. My mind kept whirling around Sasuke, and his message.

I don't understand it.. but I suppose I'm not supposed to yet.

"Milady?" Hakuba hissed quietly as I slowly, and carefully crawled out of bed, trying not to wake the sleeping blonde.

Grabbing an empty scroll from my pouch on the desk, I peeked at Naruto before I opened it and began writing.

Taking a deep breath, I rolled the scroll back up and held it out to the snake, who moved to wrap around it. "Is this your answer?"

With a shake of my head, I spoke softly. "No. I will give my answer when I am able to think clearly." The snake nodded, and poofed away. Looking back at Naruto, I sighed.

What am I going to do?

Ayame: Gomenasai! I'm soooo sorry I haven't updated in this long... anyway! Short chapter, sorry bout that!

Kitty: I should slap you... -_-

Ayame: Ah! Anyway, I don't own Naruto. Comment Vote and Eat Ramen!