~Chapter 7~ Meeting a Northlander

Season 1

I looked around as I walked backwards. Then, it just... came at me! My ears perked up and I saw a lion cub. I gasped and then growled. "Pfft, is that supposed to scare me? Oh, please don't hurt me, I'm so scared!" The lion cub said sarcastically as he laughed. "If you know what's good for you, you should leave. So get out!" I said. "Get out?! This is MY territory! You should be the one to get out!" The lion said. He made a good point. "Finally, something a Southlander and Northlander can agree on!" I said as I climbed back up to the Southlands.

As I was walking back to South Rock, I was thinking about the Northlander. "Ugh, he was so annoying! But... I guess I did kinda of trespass on his territory." I said to myself. My ears lowered a bit as I saw Dad. "Dad!" I yelled. "Kia? What's wrong?" He asked. "Well I just ran into a Northlander." I said. "What?! I told you not to go into the Northlands! Ever!" Dad scolded. "It's not like I wanted to! I tripped and then went tumbling into the Northlands." I said standing up for myself. Dad sighed and said, "Are you okay?" I put my ears down and said, "Dad, I'm fine. What are you doing here anyway? It's kinda far from South Rock." "Yes, well, me and the rest of the pride just got done chasing the hyenas out of the Southlands." Dad told me. "Oh. Chiku, Chandu, and Abedi?" I asked annoyed. "Yep. They won't stop attacking. And now, they're starting to attack at night." Dad said. My eyebrow raised in confusion and I said, "How long have they been doing that?" I asked concerned. "Four days," Dad said. "And you're JUST telling me this now?!?" I said frustrated. "Yes, you're still a cub and you shouldn't know everything that's going on in the world. But I'm telling you this now because one day you will be queen and you need to know what's going in the kingdom." Dad explained. I looked down and said, "At least when I'm queen I'll be able to know things." Dad was about to say something else until a bird flew over. "Hello, Your Highness," the female bird said to me. I bowed and said, "Hi, there. Do I know you?" "I don't think so," the bird said. I smiled at her. "Kia, this is Alzena. She's a barn owl and she's the new Southlands Reporter." Dad told me. "Pleased to make your acquaintance." The owl said bowing. "I can tell I'm gonna like you." I said smiling. Alzena laughed. "But what's a "Southlands Reporter"?" I asked looking at Dad. "It's a bird that tells a member of the royal family what is going on in the kingdom. Mostly the king or queen." Dad explained. "Will I have one, too someday?" I asked. "Yes but they don't belong to anyone. They're more of our... allies or helpers." Dad said smiling. "Well I better get back to South Rock. Bye, Dad! Nice to meet you, Alzena!" I said running back home. Dad smiled at Alzena and she smiled back.

Back at South Rock, I saw my mom and smiled. "How's my baby sister doing?" I asked walking over to Mom. "She's, um-" Mom started then her eyes widened when she saw Kabira walking over to the edge of South Rock. "AHH!!!!!" We both screamed. I ran over to her as fast as I could and grabbed her scruff and then walked back into the den. I sat her down and she ran back to Mom. I sighed in relief and said, "That was close," "Too close. I'm afraid that her blindness will get her into serious danger. Either by bullies or something else." Mom said. "Well then just have her next to you all the time." I said with a raised eyebrow. "She can't be by my side all the time when she's older." Mom said. I frowned and said sadly, "Is she gonna be blind her whole life?" Mom looked down sadly and said, "I don't know," I was wondering if it was possible to cure blindness. But it's never happened to anyone. "Well I'm gonna go play with Adira." I said. "OK, honey, just be back in time for your hunting class." Mom told me. "Sure thing!" I yelled to Mom as my voice faded from being too far away. Mom smiled and then said, "Oh, careful, honey," she put her paw in the way so that Kabira wouldn't knock into the wall.

As I was walking around, I spotted Adira. "Adira!" I called out. "Kia!" Adira exclaimed happily. She ran over to me and pounced. "Tag! You're it!" She said running off. "Hmph!" I said and then ran after her. I noticed she was running towards the Northlands. "Adira, wait! You should stop!" I said calling out to her. But she couldn't here me. I groaned then ran after her. Someone was gonna have to save her.

Adira's voice: Sarah Hyland