~Chapter 26~ Christmas Pt. 7

Movie

Naju and Kesi were hanging in the zebra herd and Naju said, "Hey, Abia, merry almost Christmas. Kesi and I were wondering... if there was one thing in the whole world you could have... what would it be? Just a question. Just wondering. Just curious." Kesi looked down and rolled her eyes. "If he doesn't give our surprise away, nothing will." She said to herself. "You know I heard that, right?" Naju asked looking at Kesi with a glare. She just rolled her eyes again. "Oh, that's easy! A Tumboa plant!" Abia said. "A Tumboa plant?!" Naju freaked. "A Tumboa plant?!?!" Kesi freaked, too. Abia raised her eyebrow and said, "...You just asked..." "Heh, good to know," Naju chuckled nervously as she rushed off. Kesi watched him leave and then did a fake smile to Abia then ran off. Far away from Abia's herd behind a tall rock, Kesi panted from running and looked at Naju confused. "Um... WHAT WAS THAT?!!? Why did you run off!?!" Kesi asked. "BECAUSE! A Tumboa plant is the largest plant in the world! How are we supposed to tell Kia we have to travel across the savanna for a rare heavy plant?" Naju answered. Kesi looked down and thought for a minute then perked her ears up and said with a raised eyebrow, "What if we don't tell Kia?" "Huh?" Naju said. "You and I can save Kia the trouble and get that plant ourselves. Kia works so hard and does her best for everyone. I don't think it would hurt us to help her out a little." Kesi said. "Yeah, but-" Naju started then Kesi interrupted, "You said this plant is heavy, right? Well you're the strongest in the Lion Guard and in the whole Southlands! Having you there will be a breeze. Besides, we haven't been able to hang out just you and me at all since we became members of the Lion Guard." Kesi said. "Uh, we never talked when we weren't members either..." Naju said raising his eyebrow. "Exactly. It could be good for us to bond a little. Whaddaya say?" Kesi asked with a smirk. Somehow, there was just something to Kesi that made it almost impossible to say no. "...Fine," Naju said giving up. "Great! Now let's go find that Tumboa-whatever plant." Kesi said walking off. "Wait. Shouldn't we ask a smart animal like Kabira where the Tumboa plant most likely is?" Naju asked. "Asking Kabira will blow it. Besides, she's too nosy about these things." Kesi said walking off. Naju groaned and sighed in annoyance. He then followed Kesi to find the "Tumboa plant".

~Later that day~

Asha and Kabira went to the coolest area in the Southlands which was on the border of the Northlands and the Southlands. Crystal leaped off of a tree and exclaimed, "Hi, some of the Lion Guard! What brings you here?" "What "brings" is here is Christmas." Asha said. "Kia had a great idea for Christmas this year and wanted us to bring you to the Lion Guard Lair." Kabira said. "I get to go to the Lion Guard Lair?!?!!!!!?" Crystal exclaimed. Kabira looked at Asha freaked out. "Um, ahem, I mean... I'm coming." Crystal said as she walked in a a"regal" way to South Rock.

~At South Rock~

Tabia walked passed Nibaal and Zuri and smiled, "Woah, nice wreaths, girls!" "Thanks, Tabia. While we make the outfit and headwear, maybe you can start on decorating the decorations. Then you, Zuri, and I can hang them up all around the Southlands." Nibaal told her. "K," Tabia said as she walked over to the hollies. I sat there watching them and told Dad, "Everything's going perfectly. This will be the first Christmas no one will ever forget!" "Yes, it probably will," he said as he smiled at the three of them. Suddenly, Crystal appeared. I ran over to her happily and said, "Crystal, you came!" "Of course, I did! You're my friend and also, I would never miss an opportunity to meet royalty!!" Crystal exclaimed. I laughed a little, hugged her, and said, "Well thank you for coming. So I had a question for you."

~A few minutes later after I told her about what I'm doing~

"Throwing a Christmas party sounds like a great idea, Kia! And I'll do anything to help!" Crystal said. "Good because I do need your help. I need you to do an ice performance during Alberta's concert." I told her . "An "ice"performance...?" Crystal said a little confused with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah, Sabrina from my pride is going to make an ice slide sculpture along with other cool ice-made things. I was hoping you could do some cool tricks, twists and turns during Alberta's concert! Along with some other snow leopards. Wait! Maybe it could be a group of African leopards on one side, and then a group of snow leopards on the other side-" I started to get a little wild so Crystal cut me off and said, "Listen! I know a few snow leopards in the Snow Empire. But no African leopards. I'll go tell them about the party tomorrow and ask if they'll help me do the show. Sound good?" I was silent for a minute then said, "Sounds great!" Then I walked off. Crystal chuckled a little then left South Rock. I stopped walking and asked, "Oh, actually, one more thing. Kabira, can you and Kesi try to find Naju? And Asha?"

~In my mind~

I haven't seen them all day...

"Yeah, sure," Kabira said as she was leaving South Rock. "We've still a lot to do. I'm gonna head over to the Northlands and-" I started then Dad interrupted, "The Northlands?!?" I nodded then Dad said, "Kia-" "Dad, giving to the Northlanders might be the key to gaining an allie." I told him. He thought about it for a minute. "Please?" I asked with a big smile. Dad signed and said, "OK, for you, Kia. But if something bad happens, even the smallest thing-" "I know, Dad," I smiled.

~A few hours later~

It was Christmas Eve night and everything was set for tomorrow. My friends and family were sitting inside South Rock. Naju and Kesi appeared and they looked super tired. "What happened to you guys?" Barika asked. "And what's behind you guys?" Tabia asked. "A stupid Tumboa Plant!!" Naju said. "You sound mad," Barika said. "WELL I AM!" Naju yelled. I raised my eyebrow and rubbed Kabira's head roughly put playfully as I said, "Well everything is ready for tonight and the party is ready for tomorrow." "Great!" Naju exclaimed. Everyone else cheered. "I'm honestly very proud of you, Kia. You pretty much did the impossible." Mom smiled. "Thanks, Mom, but tonight will be the real "impossible". Me and the Lion Guard still need to get all of the gifts around the Southlands." I said . "Yeah... that's gonna be a challenge." Naju frowned shrugging in a tired way. "Well it'll be worth it once all the Southlanders have smiles on their faces." Kesi said with a smile. "Yeah, but you guys should get some sleep. The Lion Guard and I will do the gifts. Goodnight and merry Christmas." I said to everyone. "Goodnight, Kia. It was really nice of you to let us stay here in South Rock tonight." Tabia said. "You're part of my pride. Of course you're staying here in South Rock." I said. So the Lion Guard and I got as much sleep as we could before the big night. I could tell it was gonna be a long and dangerous night.

Thank for reading, guys! Merry (early) Christmas!