~Chapter 50~ Queen for a Day

Season 3

~Later that day~

Luna was walking out of the Northlands with the other three lionesses by her side. They were going into the Southlands so it was a good thing Kabira saw it and told me and the Lion Guard. We ran over to them and Asha was about to attack but I told her to wait a minute. I trusted Luna enough to tell me what she was doing in the Southlands. The truth. "Luna, what are you doing in the Southlands?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow. "Kia, we came to warn you about a dangerous event that's coming to the Southlands." Luna said panting a little. "Dangerous event, huh?" Asha scoffed with a bit of disbelief in her voice and a raised eyebrow. "Asha, shut up! Luna, what are you talking about?" I asked looking at Luna again after getting mad at Asha. I actually fully trusted Luna for some reason. Well not trust. More like... believe what she's saying. "I overheard my mom after we stood up to her. She's planning a war. Not a fair one though. She's getting the hyenas on her side. Which means when the war comes, you and your pride will be completely outnumbered." Luna reported. Everyone was silent for a minute then I said, "Well we've got a few more friends on our side, too." Everyone was silent again then Naju suddenly spoke up and said, "OK, well if you guys got this all taken care of, I'm gonna go see Malaika- I mean go to the Lair, hehe." Then he ran off in the blink of an eye. I looked at Kesi confused.

~At South Rock~

All of the Southlanders were asking and shouting at me. "Kia! There's literally NO water in the Southlands!" A giraffe yelled. "How are we supposed to survive?!" A jaguar scolded. My ears were folded back violently the whole time and I was sitting down. "Uh, well I-" I started then Malaika came over and said, "Everyone, Princess Kia will be right back, heh,"

Malaika pulled me over to the outside wall of the Lion Guard Lair. "Malaika?" I asked confused. Was she out of her mind? "What did you do that for?" I asked with a bit of anger in my voice. "Wow, these Southlanders are super demanding. You have a lot to do." Malaika told me. "Yeah, I know, but I promised my mom I would take care of the kingdom while she's gone." I said looking at her as I walked back over to them. "Well maybe I can help you," Malaika offered. "Thank you, Malaika, but I got it." I said then walked back over to the rock I was standing on when I was talking- I mean listening to the Southlanders.

~2 hours later~

Mom came back to the Southlands and smiled, "How was ruling today Kia?" I was on the ground of South Rock panting. "Oh, hey, Mom. It was... heh... great. How was that elephant... thing?" I asked, taking a deep breath in between my words. Mom looked at me with a confused face and said, "It went... fine..?" Mom looked over and saw Malaika then said, "Malaika?! Well when did you get here?" "Oh, I've been here for three hours," Malaika answered with a smile as she was sitting down as moved her tail around. "Oh, Queen Kamaria, this is Miele, my mother," Malaika added looking back at Miele. Miele bowed down and said with a regal smile, "Pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty," "You, too," Mom greeted back by bowing her head. "Your Highness, your daughter did a great job rulling over the Southlands while you were away." Malaika told Mom. Mom glanced at me with a smile. Kabira suddenly yawned and said, "You guys do what you want. Me? I'm gonna go to bed." Kabira then walked away and everyone else in the pride and South Rock went to sleep, too. "Mom. I need to talk to you about something." I told her then walked to the edge of South Rock.

~On the edge of South Rock~

"Mom, Luna came into the Southlands earlier today and warned us about a war that Keres is planning. She said we needed to be "ready"..." I told her. Mom looked out at the horizon as the sun set. "It's fine. Because we have allies. And pride members. So when that witch comes... we'll be ready for her." Mom said boldly.