~Chapter 14~ Keres's Plan Revealed

Season 1

The next day, Mom and Dad had to leave for an important meeting with the Eastland lions. I was put in charge while they were gone. Kabira grew a little bigger like I was a few months ago. I was still the same lion cub size though. Kabira also had darker spots on her coat now. "Hi, sis! What are you doing?" Kabira asked me as she nibbled on my legs. "I'm looking over the Southlands. Alzena should be here by now to give me the Southlands report. But she hasn't yet. I'm worried something happened to her." I said. "I'm sure she's fine. She must of dozed off." Kabira told me. "She's NEVER missed a Southlands report." I protested. "Well if you're that worried, maybe you should get the Lion Guard down at the lair and go look for her. Me? I'm gonna go get some sleep. I never slept last night." Kabira said. Looking for Alzena wasn't actually a bad idea. "Wait! I think I see... Alzena!" Kabira said. "Really? Where?" I asked looking around into the distance. "She's in the Northlands! A lion cub and two other lionesses are surrounding her." Kabira said. "Wha-? But-! How-?! How do you know that?!" I asked in fear. "I don't know. I guess I just have really good eyesight." Kabira smiled sitting down next to me. My jaw was dropped all the way down. I then looked at my Mark of the Guard and saw it flash like it was trying to tell me something. Then the light from the mark shone on Kabira's shoulder. I then smiled. "OK, thanks for the help, Kabira. Aisha, can you watch Kabira while I'm gone?" I asked Aisha who just walked out of the den. "Of course," Aisha said. "Thanks," I said running down to the lair. "Lion Guard, let's go! 'Till the Southlands end..." I said. "Lion Guard defend!" The rest of them yelled running out of the Lion Guard Lair.

As we were all running to the Northlands, Naju asked, "So what are we doing? You haven't told us yet." "Oh, right, sorry. The Northlanders kidnapped Alzena and it's up to the Lion Guard to save her!" I answered.

Once we got to the Northlands, I growled lowly. "OK, keep your guard up, Lion Guard. We don't know why Alzena was kidnapped." I said walking slowly through the Northlands leading them. Kesi looked around a little low. Just then, I saw Alzena. "Alzena!" I exclaimed happily. "Kia?! No! Fall back! It's a trap!" Alzena warned. But it was too late. Keres already pounced on me. "Kia!" Naju said. "Oh no!" Asha said. Fortunately, I pinned Keres down before she could claw me. "Guys, free Alzena!" I said holding Keres down as long as I could. But she was still an adult and she was stronger than me. "You got it!" Naju said. Asha unleashed her claws and tore the branch cage apart and freed Alzena. "What a lame trap," Asha criticized. "Thanks but I can't go anywhere. I sprained my wing when I was trying to fly out of here." Alzena said. Asha's ears went down. "Don't worry, I can carry you." Kesi said. I pushed Keres off me and then yelled, "Good idea, Kesi! You run home to South Rock as fast as you can and we'll-" I couldn't finish my sentence because Keres attacked me again. I lifted my head and said, "Well, you know," "What!? I didn't mean it like that. I was gonna take her back when all of us went back together!" Kesi said. "Kesi, all of us might NOT go back together." I said. Kesi sighed and said, "Fine," Asha and Naju tied rope around Kesi's stomach and back and then tied Alzena in stably. "Ready to go home?" Kesi asked looking back at Alzena smiling. "Yes! Thank you, Lion Guard. Kesi." Alzena said. "It's what we do," Naju said smiling as he stood by Asha who was waving. "OK, let's go!" Kesi exclaimed rushing out of the Northlands. Since she was too fast, all the lionesses that tried to pounce and attack her failed and knocked into each other in one pile. I smiled and attacked Keres again.

~At South Rock~

Once Kesi made it to South Rock in just half of a minute, Kesi set Alzena down on the edge of South Rock. "Kesi! Alzena, you're okay!" Kabira exclaimed happily running over to the two. "Yep, she's safe and sound. But I don't know how we knew Alzena was in trouble in the first place. She wasn't here to tell us she was." Kesi said confused. "Oh, I saw her. And I told Kia." Kabira said. "You did?" Kesi asked surprised. "Mhm," Kabira said yawning. "But... how did you see that far away?" Kesi asked. "I don't know. I told Kia I must have really good eyesight." Kabira said with a laugh. Kesi smiled and said with a mysterious voice, "Indeed you do,"

~A while later~

I came up South Rock with scars and bruises on my body. "Kia! You're back!" Kesi said running over to me smiling. Then she saw the scars and blood dripping down on me. She raised her eyebrow wondering what happened. Then Naju and Asha came behind me with scars on them, too. Naju had a bruise on his eye. "Woah, you guys look awful. What happened to you?" Kesi asked sitting down. "We need to look before we leap." I said. "What's that supposed to mean?!" Kesi asked getting impatient. Kabira joined her. "Let's just say, note to self. Never fight adult lions." I said. "We barely escaped," Asha said. "You escaped? What happened to being the fiercest lion in the Southlands?" Kesi asked with a small chuckle. "Well I wasn't in the Southlands!" I said. "Whatever. Let's get you guys cleaned up. Zuri, Nibaal, some help?" Kesi asked looking back at the two lionesses who were talking to each other. Nibaal and Zuri followed Kesi.

Once we were all cleaned up, I asked Alzena, "Alzena, why did they kidnap you?" "I was gonna tell you. Keres's plan is to kill off the rulers, former rulers, and future rulers. And anyone who protects the Southlands. That way she can take over the Southlands." Alzena explained. I walked up to the edge of South Rock and stood tall and proudly. A breeze of wind blew by. Then the Lion Guard walked up by me. The wind blew gently across me and the Lion Guard. "Well now that we know her plan, we'll be ready. There's no way anyone will kill my parents, my grandmother, OR my friends." I said. "But what about you?" Kabira asked. "What about me? My job is to protect my potential subjects and friends of the Southlands. Not the other way around. I could care less about saving my life than other's." I said boldly. "And when and if the war starts... we'll be ready for it." Kesi said.