~Chapter 37~ Hello again

Season 3

Sorry, terrible title.

~The next morning~

I woke up and went on patrol by myself this time. I needed time to myself. As I walked across the Southlands, I felt something that shouldn't be here was here. As I kept walking, I glanced at the tall grass blowing by the wind ever few seconds. I then saw a brown tuft of some sort and started to get nervous and uncomfortable. I kept watching the moving grass as I walked. I lowly growled every step and look of the way. Just then, out of nowhere, a big male lion leaped out of the tall grass snarling and pounced on me, pinning me down. But much to his surprise, I was stronger than him and I rolled over rolling him over, too and pinned him down instead. I did a small, threatening, snarling roar at him then finally had words and yelled calmly, "Lion! Who are you and what are you doing he-" I stopped talking once I saw his face. It looked strangly familiar like I had seen him just a year or so ago. Then it hit me. Literally. "Bakari?!" I freaked before he pinned me back down. But I just pinned him back down with another snarling roar. As he was pinned down, I smirked, "So you wanna play this game all day?" I got off of him and smirked again, "Cause I got stuff to do," He rolled his eyes and grunted as he got up. "So. It's really you, huh?" I asked standing up calmly. "Yep. And I take it it's you?" Bakari played. He sat down during that sentence. I just nodded gracefully. "Wow. You don't look that much different." Bakari said. Was that an insult? Or a compliment? Or both? "Ha, yeah, you've aged gracefully too." I said sarcastically. "Was that sarcasm? Because if it was, wow, I'm offended." He joked. I laughed and said with a smile and giggle between my words, "So what are you doing here?" Then I realized what I had just said and also realized the situation after almost five whole minutes of being nice to him. Or at least welcoming. "Oh, my gosh, what are you doing here?!?!? You're not allowed here!!!!!" I yelled madly as I got all up in his face. He stood his ground though but lifted his paw up, leaned backwards a bit from my rash comment, and moved his head a little further so I wouldn't be so close. "Chill. I'm just here to be welcomed into the Southlands." Bakari said raising his eyebrow.

My mind

Did he just tell the future queen to chill?

I glared at him before I replied to his comment. "Welcomed into the Southlands? Yeah. That's gonna happen." I snapped at him sarcastically before turning away as I looked back at him. "Wait," Bakari pleaded holding his paw out hoping that I would stop. "What?" I asked annoyed as I turned back to face him. "The Northlands have gotten too crazy with all my mom wanting is revenge. I told Luna I was leaving and everything. Please let me stay." Bakari said politely. "Forget it. Go back home, Bakari or I'm gonna have to call the Guard. And I don't think you'd like that very much-" I protested then perked my ears up as a sign of realizing something. "You know, that's the first time I've actually heard you say please." I said looking back at him again. "I'm taking manners classes," Bakari said sarcastically. I smirked and raised my eyebrow a little then sighed and said, "Bakari... you know that-" "Please. You can ask your dad. He'll say yes to you!" Bakari interuptted just to beg some more. I looked down at him then said with a scoff, "Yeah, I seriously doubt that. He barely says yes to anything I say anymore. " "Looks like I'm not the only one with family problems." Bakari said with a small smirk. It was small enough to hide it though. "I don't know..." I told him looking down at the ground thinking. "Come on. Please. Do it for me." Bakari said holding my chin up with his paw. I quickly moved my head to avoid that mushy moment. "Sorry. Your flirty side doesn't work on me anway. Come to think of it, I don't think it ever did..." I smirked. Bakari smiled. I sighed as I rolled my eyes and finally just said, "Fine. But I'm still not so sure about this." Bakari quickly said, "Then take me to see your dad. That way you won't have to make a decision you're not sure about." Bakari said smiling a bit. I smiled as I looked down with a chuckle. He was... way nicer than he used to be. Maybe it's just because he was older now and more mature. Also, something about him seemed a bit more attractive. I think it was his mane. I'm not sure.

Young adult Kia's voice: Dove Cameron (2020)

Young adult Bakari's voice: Kyson Facer (he played Andrew in the T.V. show "I Am Frankie"

Thanks for reading! Wow, I'm tired! Maybe one more chapter after this then I'm gonna call it quits for the night. For some reason, I'm not tired. Maybe I'll even write five! Lol. Goodnight, ya'll! Even though it's... 2 in the morning...