~Chapter 61~ I don't wanna be king!

Season 4

In South Rock, I looked at Kesi who was laying down. "Come here, Kia. Everyone." Kesi said quietly. I walked over and saw Kesi's cubs. There were four of them. "We have four cubs. Three girls and one boy." Diamanto explained. "The first-born is River. He's the boy." Kesi said to me. Everyone behind me smiled. They were the pride and then a few of the friends like Crystal, Luna, Bakari, and the reformed Northland lionesses. River had a grey coat like Diamanto and a lighter whitish light grey colored muzzle, underbelly, paws, and eye shades. Along with the same colored dots on hid ears. He had one dot on both of his ears. He had an ashy black tail tuft and a shiny dark black tuft of fur on his head. He also had dark shiny black tufts of fur on his front legs in the back. His eyes were purple like Diamanto, too. He looked more like his dad than anything. "This is Aurora. Like the Northern lights." Kesi said. Aurora looked just like Kesi only with a slightly darker coat like a shimmering brown and gold. Her eyes were the same color as Kesi though. She didn't have any fur on her head though. "This is Misty," Diamanto told me, looking at the cub in the middle on the left. She looked exactly like Kesi too. "And this is Flower," Diamanto told me again. "We picked names that were like nature," Kesi said smiling at Diamanto. I nodded. "They're beautiful," I said to her. I bent my head over to her and said quietly but didn't whisper, "We've come a long way together," I lifted my head up and looked at the Lion Guard with my body still towards Kesi and I said, "We all have," the Lion Guard smiled at me as Naju put his front leg around Kabira's neck happily.

~Days later~

Once the war was over, everything was at peace. And the animals of the Southlands didn't have to live in fear. I was walking through the Southlands one sunny Thursday morning and yawned. I was still a little mad about not being the future queen of the Southlands. I unleashed my claws in anger until I looked down and saw what my front paws were doing. I retracted them and then a jaguar jumped down hard in front of me. And of course it had to be Ghadra. "Well, well. The princess of the Southlands sad because she's not gonna become the big, beautiful, powerful queen everyone thought she would turn into." Ghadra said. "Ghadra, I'm not in the mood," I said with a neutral face and a blink. "I mean, being told by EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE in the Southlands and out of the Southlands that you would be the queen of this huge kingdom one day and now you realize that not only are you not going to be that queen anymore, but you find out that you were lied to your whole life about having a long-lost brother. Your whole life was pretty much a lie. That must really sting." Ghadra teased. I wanted to hurt him so bad but I resisted. I sighed and walked away. Ghadra just watched me leave.

As I was walking, I was thinking "why should I just let Kai take the future I had? Where was he when I had to decide whether or not to accept Bakari and Crystal into the Southlands. Where was he, huh?! Where?!?" Little did I know, I was talking out loud the whole time. Kai came out of nowhere an said, "Hey, Kia..." I looked at him and said as I looked down with a frown, "Hi, Kai," "Listen, I never came back home to take your place as future queen. I just-" Kai started then I said, "Yeah, well I'm not exactly "future queen" anymore," then I walked away. Kai jumped in front of me and said, "Look, I'm trying to tell you that you can still be future queen!" I groaned and budged past him and said looking back at him as I walked away to a river, "No, you're the oldest kid in the royal family. You're the future king." I lowered my head and licked the water from the river. Kai jumped over to me and said, "I don't care! ........ Because I don't wanna be king!" "........" Was all I could say. "W...why wouldn't you wanna be king?" I asked. "Cause I'm not cut out for that! And besides, I just don't wanna be king period. But you'd be a great queen. Probably..." Kai answered. "Heh... thanks..." I said. "I was in South Rock and we were all talking and we agreed that you'll still be queen some day." Kai told me. "Oh," I said. "Great... Now I feel like the worst animal in the world..." I said. "Heh, it's fine. Anyway, I haven't been here at all for a while so maybe you could show me some stuff that's changed?" Kai suggested. "Yeah. Sure." I said walking away leading him. Kai smiled at me and as he followed and started, "Thanks, si-" then I cut him off by saying neutrally, "Don't call me that,"

Thanks for reading! Few, that's a relief- Kia's still gonna be queen. Not by birth though... anyway, love y'all! I was actually planning on Kia being the real future queen but things change and twists happen xd! See ya next chapter.