~Chapter 34~ Our Place is with our Pride

Season 2

One day, I was walking around the Southlands with the Lion Guard looking for trouble. "Looks like nothing's goin' on right now." Naju told us. "I know. It's kinda creepy. Usually there's something going on every five minutes or so." Kesi said. Kabira came over and said, "There's a leopard... uh... well, I mean... there's a lion... um... by the entrance of the Southlands." "Well which is it?" Naju asked annoyed. "Both!" Kabira reported. The Lion Guard and I looked at each other confused. What did she mean by leopard and lion?

~At the edge of the Southlands~

The Lion Guard, Kabira and I looked around for the mysterious character Kabira made up. At least we thought she made it up. That is, until we actually saw a lion figure standing in front of us. It looked like a female and she had a light brown and grey coat with a black line down her back, blue eyes, and dark spots on her face, ears, and her left shoulder. She had a white underbelly, white on her paw toes, a white muzzle, and white eyeshades. The Lion Guard and I stared at her for a while. I knew everyone was waiting for me to make a move. But I couldn't do anything but stare. "What... are you..?" I said. That's all I could say. Kabira took a deep breath from being uncomfortable and told me, "Rude, Kia," I looked down knowing what I said was rude and said, "Uh... s- I-I'm sorry, that was incredibly rude. I'm Princess Kia. Princess and future queen of the Southlands. Who are you?" I asked as I did a small bow. "My name is Malaika. You see, I'm from the Mystics Pride. Far away from here." Malaika told us. "Then why aren't you with your pride?" Kesi asked. Malaika looked down sadly and lowered her ears and said, "My pride is dead... I lost them all in a fire. It was a big fire..." Malaika started to remember flashbacks of the fire and losing a pride member one by one. "Malaika. Malaika, are you there? What's going on?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Malaika snapped out of it and said, "Uh, sorry. Yeah, um... my mom and I were the only survivors." "Then where is she?" I asked. "That's actually one of the reasons I'm here. My mom and I were looking for a new place to live. Then two leopards jumped us and there was too much action and I fell off of a hill and landed by a river. I kind of hurt my head from the hard fall." Malaika explained. Now that she mentioned it, I did see that her head was kind of bleeding. "So I looked around and couldn't find my mom. So the reason I'm here right now is because I'm looking for my mom." Malaika told us. "Oh. Well, we can help you find her. I just need to tell my dad we'll be leaving the Southlands for a bit." I told her. "Great. Thank you." Malaika smiled.

~In South Rock~

Naju cleaned Malaika's head and I was leaning against the rocky wall in the den of South Rock watching them. "Good luck, Kia. I hope you find your mother, Malaika. I know how it feels to lose a mother..." Dad said as he nuzzled me. I nuzzled back then said, "We'll be back soon, Mom. Dad." I said smiling a bit at both of them. "Now let's go," I said running out of South Rock with the Lion Guard and Malaika following me.

So once I told my dad, I left with the Lion Guard to find Malaika's mom. "So, Malaika, what does your mom look like?" I asked her. "Don't worry. She's a normal looking-lion." Malaika said with a chuckle. "Heh. OK. So where was the last place you saw her?" I asked. "Oh, yeah! If you told me where she was last, I might be able to find her." Kabira told her. "I don't think the place is popular enough to have a name, but it was on a stable hill that was full of blueish purplish flowers." Malaika said. "Oh! I know that hill! It's called Bellflower Hill!" Kabira said running in front. Malaika looked at me with a raised eyebrow confused. "That actually is a hill that's known by hundreds. Lots of animals go to that hill to get married or... blah! Or whatever..." Asha said grossed out. Malaika ran further and Kabira climbed a tree and saw Bellflower Hill. "Found it! Pretty far away though." Kabira called out. "Nice job, sis!" I called back. Then I said, "Come on,"