~Chapter 69~ Solar Eclipse Pt. 1

Season 5 - Special

Someone wise once said, the saddest thing about betrayal, is that it never comes from your enemies. One day you're playing in a patch of green with your friend- and then your friend wants to destroy you and take over your world. Now, it is known that a solar eclipse is what happens when the moon blocks out the sun and casts a shadow on earth. At that time if the world was being taken over by the moon's shadow, you'd probably think that there's just no more hope. But you know how when the moon blocks out all the needed light during a solar eclipse? Well remember there's always a little ring of light that circle behind the moon. And that little bit of light, means it's coming and there's still hope for the world. This is the story of two friends who became enemies because one always felt second-best. I know, predictable, right?

A/N: Hey, guys, just know that a solar eclipse isn't as bad as I made it sound lol, as I'm sure you know. Solar eclipses are actually really cool.

~Somewhere~

A lion growled as she got out of the spiky rocks. She coughed and looked around mad. And yes, it was Asha. She got up and looked around for something. I honestly don't know what with her anymore. She growled and said, assuming she was talking to herself, "I'm gonna get that little princess!" "Ah, I see your little plan didn't work," a voice said. Asha turned around and snapped at an old-looking wizard-lion thing, "Who are you?!" "I am Sahir. And I'm the only one who can help you get what you want." The lion smirked. She stared at him confused.

I was patrolling with Bakari when he said bowing down, "Sooo, I was wondering, Kia- well actually I was gonna ask you on the journey but I never got around to it, heh. But um, since we met-" "Hey, Bakari? Have you ever thought that you knew someone but then they surprise you in the most despicable way?" I interuptted standing in front of him so I didn't see he was proposing. "Uh, yes, many times. Ahem, but anyway, Kia-" He started again bowing down again but then I said, "I mean, I know Asha always felt second-best but I didn't think she'd do something like this." "Yeah, friends disappoint you, now back to what I was gonna ask you-" Bakari tried again but Kabira came running up and called from a hill a few feet away from us, "Kia! Come quick! An unknown passer is in the Southlands!" Then Kabira ran off. "K, come on, Bakari!" I said running a few feet behind Kabira. Bakari just stood there with a traumatized face. "No one ever said proposal was easy," Luna smirked walking past him. Bakari just lowered his ears and groaned.

I ran over to the middle of the Southlands where Kesi, Naju, and Diamanto were sitting and standing. "See? This is the animal I was telling you about," Kabira said walking past me and sitting next to Kesi. Kesi looked down at her. Turns out the animal was a lion. He looked like he was about Kabira's age only a little younger. So he was older than a cub but younger than a teenager. So he looked like he was about a tween. He looked like he was trying to move but Naju grabbed his scruff with his paws and said, "Hey, stay here, mister," the lion groaned and said, "This is all just a big misunderstanding. I wouldn't and haven't tried to destroy any kingdom in my entire life. "You might not have one if you don't stop talking," Kesi glared. He just gulped. "Who's this?" I asked walking up to the lion. "We don't know. He refuses to tell us his name." Naju said. "What are you talking about?!? I tried to tell you my name 50,000 times but you kept interrupting me!" The lion declined. Bakari walked up and said, "I know how ya feel, kid," the lion had a lightish tan coat with a lighter underbelly, paws, muzzle, and eye shades along with a black tail tuft with a blueish grey stripe along with the same mane tuft color and the same blueish grey stripe in it. He had dark raven blue eyes with freckles and a light pink nose. It looked like his mane was starting to grow fully because it went down his back and he had the same colored black tuft of fur in the middle of his chest. He also had the same colored tufts of fur in the back of his front legs.

A/N: K, I think I'm done describing him lol.

He looked up and saw me and said, "Wow..." "Princess Kia," he added bowing down. He didn't seem all that bad. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" I asked looking down at him, as he was still bowing. "I am Cosmos. Son of-" He started then Kesi just rolled her eyes and said, "Yeah, yeah, what are you doing here?" "I-" He started again and then Naju said, "More importantly, why did you blow up Mizinu Canyon?!" I looked at him surprised. How could such a young weak little twig blow up a canyon? The strongest one in the Southlands at that. "In my defense, I never "blew" it up," Cosmos said closing his eyes proudly.

~What happened five minutes ago~

Cosmos: *Looks at potions* Huh, I forgot what this one does. Makes it rain or blows stuff up? *Drops it and canyon literally explodes*

Naju raised an eyebrow. "OK, so maybe I did blow something up but at least I didn't kill myself!" Cosmos said to me. "Cause that would be tragic," Kesi said with a neutral facial expression. Naju laughed silently in his paw a little. "See, I was testing out my potions and then... well... that," he explained not so clearly. I stared at him for a long minute then said, "Alright," and I turned around and walked away. "Hey, you-you're just gonna let me go?" He asked, attempting to follow me. "Yep. You're not a threat. So have a nice life." I said as I was walking away. "Guess I'll just go then. Even though that witch is hangin' around somewhere. I'll just be going." The lion said turning around getting ready to leave but I turned to him and said, "Witch?" "Yeah, young adult, dark brown coat, soul-stealing electric blue eyes. Anything else you'd like me to describe?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. I pinned him against a tall flat rock and snapped, "Don't you dare call my friend a witch!!" Bakari walked over to me and said, "Kia, let go," I got off and took a deep breath. "Sorry 'bout that. But how could she possibly be a witch?" I asked Cosmos. He was breathing hard. "I think you scared the life out of hin," Kesi told me trying to hide her small visible smirk. "She tore apart a village-looking thing..." He told me. "Take me to it," I said with a serious look on my face.

Thanks for reading! Yes, Cosmos represents Varian. It's only cause I have NO other new character ideas lol. Ppl need to give me ideas! Remember to leave a vote and comment. AHH next chapter will be the 70th chapter! I've been working on this story for half a year! Love you guys and thx for the support.