~Chapter 35~ The Hunt

Season 3

~1 year later,

Another year passed and I grew older, bigger, and stronger. I was now a young adult. I got three scars on my stomach from Chiku, Chandu, and Abedi two months ago. Come to think of it, lots of things changed. Asha now has a rip in her left ear, Naju has a full on mane, Kesi has a scratch in the shape of an "X" on her cheek, and Naju has also lost his sense of smell. I mean, he can still smell, just not as good as he could. The rest of the Lion Guard were young adults, too now. Well, Kabira was a teenager now. Today was a super big day. I was going on my first hunt! As I walked out of the den of South Rock up to the edge where Mom, Dad, and Kabira were sitting, all the lions and lionesses were saying stuff like "shes so beautiful, she's grown up so much, hello, Princess Kia". I walked up to Mom and Dad and smiled. "You'll do great, Kia," Mom said. I looked at my dad and smiled again. "Kabira will still keep an eye on you. Just to make sure you don't get hurt." Dad told me. I looked at Kabira and she mouthed to me, "No I won't," I smirked at her and then nuzzled underneath Dad's chin. I chuckled and said, "I'll do fine," I saw a gazelle herd and I ran down to the ground and ran after them. Dad looked down with a worried and unsure expression on his face. Then Mom smiled calmly and said, "Like she said, she'll do fine," Mom walked away back into the den of South Rock as her tail rubbed out from under Dad's chin. Kabira then jumped off of the edge of South Rock onto a tree and jumped down onto the Southland ground and then walked away.

~In the Northlands~

I was doing good so far. If only that luck had stayed just a little bit longer. Luna and Bakari were watching me on a tall flat rock. "Looks like she's doing good right now," Luna told Bakari, looking at him. Bakari raised an eyebrow and looked at me again. "Yeah, but I have something I need to tell you, sis." Bakari said. "Oh, yeah? What?" Luna asked with her full attention on Bakari. "Not here. No one knows WHERE Mom's lionesses are hiding." Bakari said with annoyancein his voice. "Follow me over here," he added. The two walked over to a small dark cave with dim light shining through. "So what's this about,  bro?" Luna asked looking back at him, sitting down. Bakari took a deep breath and finally said, "OK... here goes. I can't stand this place anymore and I definitely can't stand my mom! So... I'm leaving today." Luna was a bit shocked when she heard that but when she saw his eyes were tearing up, she softened up a little and said, "Bakari, this place isn't total trash. And I think Mom's being like this because her ex-boyfriend just dumped her. Again. I always hated that guy." "Sis, I've been living with Mom my whole life unfortunately and something has always been wrong with her. She's always been like this. Even before her boyfriend." Bakari protested. Luna was about to say something else but she didn't have anything to say. "I'm leaving to the Southlands tomorrow night and no one is gonna change my mind." Bakari said. "The Southlands? Ha! Is that a joke!? That's got to be a joke! Bakari, you're a Northlander and you'll never be welcomed into the Southlands let alone Kazija's pride. "WHAT!?! Who said I wanted to be welcomed into Kazija's pride? I just want to get away from this dump as soon as possible and that's tomorrow because the pride will be out hunting so Mom will be busy and she won't know where I am." Bakari explained. Luna was fed up with everyone insulting her home 24/7. "Bakari!" She yelled. "Sis... please. I have to do this." Bakari said with a sad expression on his face. Once Luna noticed Bakari lowering his ears, she sighed almost in defeat but had to throw one more comment before she gave up. "What happens when Mom realizes you're gone?" She asked. "She'll realize I'm gone. It's that simple. See?" Bakari said. That was NOT the answer Luna was expecting or wanting. "Luna! You should come with me!" Bakari exclaimed happily getting all excited. Luna backed up at the quick comment and lifted a paw. "Bakari! If one of us is gone, Mom will be concerned. If BOTH of us are gone, she'll be looking for someone to kill. Trust me, this is forthe best." Luna said. Bakari's ears lowered a bit then he nuzzled Luna and Luna smiled a bit and told him, "I.....I love ya, bro," Bakari was a little shocked by the comment but he still smiled a bit and then said back, "Love you, too, sis,"

~Meanwhile in the Southlands~

I finally scored a gazelle and I just needed to kill two more. I was panting hard and then stopped for a second to take a breath. Taking down that last gazelle was harder than I thought it would be. I growled and then ran back after them.

~A while later~

In South Rock, Kabira and the Lion Guard were laying by the edge of South Rock waiting for me. "How do you think Kia is doing?" Naju wondered. "She's probably fine. She's only been gone five minutes." Kabira said looking at one of her claws. "More like close to an hour," Asha corrected her. "Eh... maybe you should go see if you can spot her. Just in case." Naju said getting worried. Kabira looked at him with a raised eyebrow and told him, "You're worse than the king," Naju looked down. "Is everything okay, dude?" Kesi asked looking at Naju. "Yeah, everything... is... fine," Naju said, sighing between his words. Asha and Kesi looked at each other confused. I came over with two gazelles in my mouth. "Kia!" Kesi exclaimed. "Hey," I said with my mouth muffled. I dropped the gazelles and said licking my mouth, "The other one is down by the entrance," Just then, Mom came out of the den. "Amazing work, Kia," she told me. "Thanks, Mom," I smiled. Dad came out and nodded his head.

Thanks for reading, guys! I didn't really have an ending for this part. I just wanted everyone to know Kia is finally an adult. Again, thanks for reading. Love you guys!

This is the size of Kia, Asha, Kesi, and Luna now

This is the size of Kabira now

This is the size of Naju and Bakari now