THREE;

Hawke had just gotten out of the shower. He rubbed his hair with the towel. Rhett was getting dressed to go to work, he met Hawke's eyes. "Where'd you head off to yesterday?" Hawke froze and averted his eyes. "Uh... I went to the park and saw that boy again."

"The elf?" Hawke nodded, "He got lost... so I took him back home."Rhett put on his blazer and looked at himself in the mirror, fixing it. "You should probably keep your distance..." Hawke looked at Rhett, who turned around waiting on an answer. He noticed Hawke's face and came closer, "Listen..." he says holding the male's face.

Hawke met his eyes, "They probably have bigger problems... we don't need to attract attention to them." He leaned down and kissed his forhead. Hawke's eyes closed as Rhett's mouth met his forehead.

Eden had to leave Dawn early that morning for work. He hated having to leave Dawn by himself, he was always scared someone would kidnap him.

Dawn was an elf, making him short, pointy ears and that effortlessly beauty that made people want elves for their own. Elves used to be stolen and sold on the black market as slaves, until the government found out and stepped in. Though, that didn't stop it all so with Eden being a firey bird made people back away quickly.

Eden headed to the small gas station he worked at, of course it wasn't a normal work day if he wasn't getting hit on, usually by cat hybrids and unicorn hybrids. They bat their eyelashes and put on these cute little voices, but Eden got bored of the fake acts.

Halfway through his shift, no one was there so he was scrolling through his phone mindlessly, texting Dawn to make sure the elf was okay.

'hey dawnie, i miss you. i hope you ate lunch. 😘'

'I did! I miss you too! 👉👈'

A soft smile filled Eden's face, these man was nothing like anyone else.

The bell rang on the door, indicating someone had entered, it was a girl unicorn hybird. The horn coming out of her head was a pastel pink with tints of dark purple throughout it. Her hair was a peach color, curled perfectly. She met Eden's eyes and her whole bitchy face changed, as did her walk.

Eden wanted to laugh at the act, tell her he was gay, but he knew there was no fun in that.She grabbed some disgusting fancy juice, walking over to Eden, putting on a shy act.

She brushed the peachy color hair over her shoulder.

Eden ignored her, scanning the juice, "Four thirty two." He said, not even looking at her as she handed him a twenty.

"Keep the change." She said, making Eden want to scoff.

He just nodded, "Thanks."

"Could I have your number?" She asked, looking down shyly, but this wasn't shy, Dawn was shy, this was a mask.

"No." Eden said and it became apparent, the female was spoiled and not use to hearing no. Her eyes widen, "Wait what? You can't tell me no." She said.

"Oh no," Eden thought.

A vehicle drove up, the tale male with the snake mannerisms got out and made his way into the store. The bell dinging, when the two looked at the male he looked back at them. He shrugged and walked to the back of the store. Not having that good of hearing, he didn't hear the female's scoff. Rhett went on about his business and grabbed an energy knowing this day was going to be terribly long. He hesitated and thought for a second, he grabbed two more.

Eden was clearly becoming more annoyed, "I am gay." He spat out, wanting the girl to leave.

"You're a faggot?" She spat back, "What a true waste." She said.

Rhett's eyes narrowed when he heard that. He made his way to the front. He eyed the girl, stepping back. He set the drinks onto the counter, making a loud clink sound that caught her attention.

Her eyes widen at the snake, clearly scared. Snake hybrids had the worst stories behind them, making them feared by many.

She quickly left the store without another word, making Eden scoff, grabbing the drinks and scanning them.

As he was about to read the price, his phone rang, Dawn never called during work, so without caring he answered.

"Dawnie?"

"I - I fell and I cut my - myself," Dawn spoke, his voice breaking, a hiccup leaving his mouth, "It won't stop b - bleeding."

Rhett had terrible hearing, but he certainly heard the phone call. When the male before him started wracking his brain on what the hell to do, he handed the keys to his truck.

"You go, I'll stay here till you get back, " his throat clicking softly, hoping the little elf was alright.

Eden thanked him, before grabbing the keys and rushing out the store to Dawn.

Thankfully those years of working at the grocery store certainly came in handy. He stood behind the counter and looked towards the door where the terrified Eden went. He looked down at his feet and rubbed through his hair.

"Shit... " he whispered and pulled his phone out. He phoned his boss and told her some believable excuse. His boss wasn't that mean of a woman so she just told him to be to work on time tomorrow.

Eden drove home, pulling in to see Dawn was on the floor and a rug pressed to the palm of his right hand.

"What happened?"

"Some- Someone tried to take me and - and they had a knife." Dawn said, wiping his eyes, "c - cut me then ran aw - away."

"Someone came here to steal you, cut you then ran?" Eden asked, picking the small male up.

"They fre - freaked cause they - they cut too deep." Dawn said, as Eden placed him on the counter, grabbed a alcohol wipe, cleaning the cut and wrapping it up.

"You're okay baby, you won't need stitches." Eden said, placing a kiss on the wrapped palm.

Dawn smiled widely, "t - thank you. I'll  be f - fine. Go back to - to work." Eden didn't want to, but he had to return the truck.

"Stay in the room until I'm back." Dawn nodded in response, watching Eden leave.

He wasn't happy to see Eden leave, he definitely had separation anxiety after his childhood and never having good emotionally attachments, growing up. So he held on to Eden like his life depended on it, because in truth, it did.