TWELVE;

Hawke planted his hand on Dawn's back, rubbing it slowly. He always liked close contact, something about a close embrace made him feel safe and happy.

Problem was eversince he met Dawn he had been even harder on himself. Worried that he was boring the hell out of the small energetic male or simply being too weird about anything. A few minutes went by and Hawke's eyes started to get heavy.

He let out a comfortable sigh, he refused to fall asleep...

Eden was stuck working his slow shift, barely anyone had showed up today making him bored and slighty annoyed. Of course his day did feel better when a girl hit on him, because it was always funny telling someone he was gay and them thinking that they were the ones to change that.

It never worked, but some girls really did try.

The landline randomly started ringing. It wasn't from Dawn so that was good, but still who would be calling a gas station?

"Hello, Enpose gas station?" Eden said, but it come out as more of a question

"Is it though?" Rhett's smug voice came through the phone.

He had then realized what he done and braced for the call to be abruptly ended.

Eden let out a dry chuckle, "So funny. How'd you even find this number?"

"It was on the fridge..." Rhett said lowly.

"How cute, little baby saved the number. If you wanted to talk to me that bad I would have gave you my actual phone number." Eden teased.

Eden heard the snake hybrid sigh over the other end of the phone, "Uh-huh yeah. I would hang up on you but I'm not gonna give you the benefit of teasing me about that too."

Rhett turned and looked out the window of the large industrial window. This building had been the tallest out of all the ones in the city, if he looked below he could see the smaller ones sprinkled around. Even a hotel with a wide penthouse.

Eden let out a chuckle, "are you that bored that you wanted to call me or did you actually miss me?" Eden teased yet again.

"I'm honored your majesty." Eden said, watching someone walk to the door. "Hold on." Eden spoke, placing the phone down, waiting for the customer to get their items and leave.

The cat hybrid walked right up to the counter, making Eden believe she was just getting something to smoke, but he was wrong so wrong.

"I heard you're the guy who keeps rejecting beautiful girls." She said.

Eden looked kind of confused, "um what?"

"You're the talk of the town, as the huge faggot."

Eden let out a loud laugh. "Sorry, what?"

The girl smirked, "so it's true." Was all she said, before leaving the store.

Eden shook his head, grabbing the phone again. "I swear, this town is crazy-" Before he could finish a brick got thrown threw the glass window, shattering it.

Eden dropped the phone, running over to see a group of teenagers laughing and running away. He picked up the brick seeing the word faggot written across it.

Rhett couldn't make out anything that was being said but he did hear the shattering glass, his eyes widened.

"Eden?..." he called out, there was no response.

"Eden? Eden!" He called out still no response.

"Dammit, " he said getting up and walking out the door.