EIGHTEEN;

Dawn had finished eating when Hawke heard movement from upstairs. He cocked a brow, taking Dawn's dish over to the sink. The noise registering in his head and his eyes widened.

"Uh, uh. Dawn, let's get ice cream...alright?" Hawke suggested grabbing a piece of paper from the notebook on the counter. He wrote out a note and then grabbed Rhett's keys that were laying on the counter. He then grabbed Dawn's hand, leading him out the front door. They got outside and Hawke unlocked the truck, opening the door and hoisting Dawn up into the truck.

He walked around to the driver's side getting in. He looked in the rear view mirror, straightening his mask.

Dawn giggled, putting his seat belt on. "I - Ice cream fine. G - Good to k - k - know you'll s - still get me w - what I want."

"Of course I will, Awn," Hawke said with a slight chuckle, switching on the ignition of the truck. His eyes going wide and he covered the spot on the mask where his mouth was.

He buckled in, shoving the feeling out of his head with a deep breath. He let out a large sigh that turned into a low frustrated growl. He gripped the steering wheel as his demeanor went back to normal. Pulling out of the driveway, they rode down the road to the end of the street getting to a stop sign.

"Y - You okay? I - It's okay if you're n - not. J - J - Just tell me." Dawn said, his voice small and weak, the loud growl and angry actions made him get flashbacks to his mother.

Hawke noticed the change in Dawn's voice, he looked over at him.

"Oh-oh... No no I'm fine... I didn't mean to upset you," the outline of his mouth frowning was shown through the black mask.

"I just... don't want to hurt you Dawn...I can't show any happy emotion because I... and I get frustrated because I can't provide clarity to you that you mean alot to me and make me happy..." Hawke said lowly.

His eyes moved back to the road and he pulled out into the line of traffic.

"I k - know you c - care about me. I k - know I mean a - a lot to you. Y - You might n - n - not be able to show it, b - b - but I can f - feel it." Dawn said, pulling on Hawke's arm, "g - give hand." Dawn requested.

Hawke nodded, briefly looking over at Dawn and letting him hold his hand. Interwining their fingers, he brought Dawn's hand up to his mask where his lips were. Providing a kissing sound, he then rested their hands on top of Dawn's leg.

Remaining to drive with his free hand.

Dawn giggled at the cute action, "s - s - s - see whatever I w - want." Dawn teased.

Hawke shook his head, "I wouldn't have it any other way babe."

His attention remained on the road until they eventually pulled up to a small ice cream parlor. Hawke removed his hand to control the wheel easier to pull into the parking spot. He switched off the truck off and taking out the key. Grabbing the wallet from the glove compartment and sticking it in his pocket, he got out and walked around to Dawn's side.

He opened the passenger door and held his arms out for Dawn.

"Y - You gonna c - c - carry me like a b - b - b - baby?" Dawn asked.

"If you'd like, but I was helping you down," Hawke said. He tilted his head at him.

Dawn giggled, "o - oh. Th - Thought you g - g - gonna carry me l - like b - b - baby." Dawn said, latching into the male's arms.

"Don't tempt me, I'll do it," Hawke said, helping Dawn down. He held onto Dawn's small waist setting him down on the pavement.

Dawn's arm wrapped around Hawke, pulling him into a hug, "w - w - wanna be close w - w - with you."

Hawke hugged Dawn back without any hesitation. "Hmm..." he said thinking allowed.

He moved the hair from Dawn's face so he could see his beautiful blue eyes.

"I could carry you on my back, if you think that is a little more appropriate," The gorgon male suggested.

Dawn looked up at Hawke, "a - a - appropriate? W - Who cares w - w - what other's th - think. W - We already st - st - stand out." Dawn said, smiling, as he nuzzled his face into Hawke's chest. "W - Warm."

Hawke trailed his fingers through Dawn's hair, before scooping him up in his arms bridal style.

"You certainly got me there," Hawke said walking them into the ice cream shop. He pushed open the door with his back, walking up to the front counter.

He leaned his forehead against the elf's forhead, "What flavor would you like?" Hawke asked.

"M - Mint." Dawn mumbled, looking at Hawke's face up close did make the male a little bit more shy on how truly breathtaking the male was.

Hawke met Dawn's eyes with a nod, he pulled his forehead away. Ordering Dawn's ice cream, paying for it with his free hand. Afterwards he thanked the cashier and walked over to a booth, sitting down with Dawn in his lap.

He thought to himself thinking about maybe bringing Eden and Rhett something back afterwards. He then looked back at Dawn.

Dawn grabbed the male's hands, wrapping them around himself and leaning back into the male, humming in content.

Hawke laid his chin on top of Dawn's shoulder.A light chuckle leaving his mouth from Dawn's gesture.

"I really adore this... I hope you know," Hawke said lowly.

"L - Like y - y - you too." Dawn said, pressed a kiss to Hawke's cheek, seeing the waitress come with the ice cream. Dawn perked up, happily adjusting and sitting up better.

The waitress handed him the ice cream, smiled and left. Dawn grabbed his spoon, digging in.

Hawke had sat Dawn down on the seat beside him so that the smaller male could have his space. He laid his head back against the booth's leather seat, his eyes wandering to Dawn to was happily eating his ice cream.

Definitely a sight to see, something about seeing Dawn happy really made him happy too.

Dawn side eyed Hawke, "t - t - take a p - picture. It w - w - will last l - l - longer." Dawn teased, a faint blush on his cheeks.

"No picture would do you justice. Your beauty is far more perfect than any camera could portray," Hawke said still looking at him.

Dawn's face turned a darker pink, "s - s - s - stop." He said shyly.

"Okay, okay...for now," Hawke teased, winking.

"S - S - Something in y - you eye?" Dawn teased, before returning to his ice cream.

Hawke rolled his eyes, "Wow."

After Dawn went back to eating his ice cream, Hawke looked around the ice cream parlor. A frown gracing his mouth, not that anyone could see. However as it's said, the eyes are the windows into the soul. His eyes projected some faint sadness. He looked back at Dawn, the sadness almost immediately going away.

He shook his head, trailing his fingers through his hair.

Dawn looked at Hawke, shaking his head, before reaching over and fixing the few messed up strands of hair, "t - there."

Hawke nodded, "Thanks..." he sighed. Looking over at Dawn again.

Dawn sent Hawke a soft smile, "m' done, w - w - wanna go h - home."