TWENTY - TWO;

Eden sent Rhett a small smile, "he likes you, a lot." He said before leaving to find Hawke.

The gorgon male had slipped out the back door, sitting on the back porch. He had removed his mask again, being deep in thought. Hawke leaned back against the porch swing, his head turning when Eden walked out.

"Oh, hey," he said.

"I got the two babies down for their nap." Eden joked, sitting down beside Hawke.

Hawke coughed at the response, shaking his head. "Woah... well you do have a point there."

He looked at Eden, watching him sit before his eyes returned back to the woods behind the house.

Eden laughed, "at this point we were the parents," Eden said following his eyes and looking into the woods.

"Ahhh... please stop..." Hawke frowned.

"That's it... you both keep testing me," he says putting the mask back on. He let out a sigh.

"Not cool..." Hawke mumbled.

"I can't help that I'm funny," Eden said, "maybe one day you won't need the mask. You never know." The male said, shrugging.

"I uhm... don't know. The last time I didn't wear my mask in public...I uhm... turned about three people to stone... they were humans," Hawke said.

"I just don't trust myself around you two... I don't know what I'd do if I..." Hawke sighed.

"When I was 14 Rhett caused me to smile and I swear my heart dropped... I think since he's half snake he's blinded by my true form..." Hawke said lowly, playing with one of the buttons on his shirt.

"I set three houses on fire." Eden admitted, biting the inside of his cheek.

Hawke looked at Eden, "W-woah..."
"Is your power driven by anger... or does it just have a mind of it's own?" Hawke asked curiously.

Eden looked away shyly, "only one time it was out of anger. The other two times, it was from sexual pleasure. I feel hot so my skin gets hot."

"Damn... must have been pretty good... fuck..." Hawke said covering his mouth as he almost made himself laugh.

"I'm sorry that was mean... forgive me..." Hawke said pressing his hand to his forehead with a sigh.

Eden glared at him, "lucky for you. If we had sex you wouldn't have to worry about that."

"Ok... ouch but uhm I'll honestly take that," Hawke said lowly. On the fence of being hurt but also refreshing to have someone not be attracted by him. Knowing that it wasn't forced.

Hawke went quiet and looked back at the trees.

"Take a joke," Eden said, "what's the point of having trauma if you can't make some twisted joke about it. Especially when people get awkward cause they don't know what to say."

Hawke shrugged, "I guess so, I'm just a naturally awkward person. I can't be happy without killing someone, I just learned to be dull and emotionless because it's what worked," he stood to his feet, sticking his hands in his pockets.

"But no hard feelings, awkward can be rather awkward," the male said still looking at the woods.

Eden watched the male, "do you wanna go take a walk in the forrest?"

Hawke chuckled lowly, "I thought about it for a good while. Yes, I just didn't want to disappear and worry anyone."

"We can both go, they are both going to be sleeping for a while. I haven't went walking in the woods for a while." Eden smiled, getting up.

Hawke nodded, he stepped off the porch and started off towards the the trees.

"I'm sure Rhett's asleep again already... he won't admit it but he really enjoys cuddling."

Eden followed beside him, "yeah, Dawn is the same way. So I guess it's fate they have each other."

"Mhm...the only issue lying ahead is them fighting over you..." Hawke said looking at him.

"Especially the sleeping arrangements... but after their bonding moment maybe they can come to an agreement where one is laying on one side while the other gets the other side of you," Hawke shook his head.

"If anything, Dawn would want to be with you. Since I'm working, you're able to be there for him." Eden said, walking slightly faster.

"If I remember correctly, there's an open field up ahead, I haven't been out here in ages, so maybe the grass grew back." Eden spoke.

"What... you wanna burn it or something?" Hawke teased.

Eden laughed, "I already did."

"Nice, well how's one more time sound?" Hawke chuckled. He continued walking with Eden until they got to the clearing.

"I mean, I was trying to figure out how to better control my flames. It worked, but it cost a whole ass field." Eden said, blowing a flame in front of Hawke.

"Just haven't had enough sex to fully control myself during that." Eden explained.

Hawke looked at him shaking his head, "Well with that one back there... I'm sure you'll keep each other busy."

Hawke sat down, bringing a single knee to his chest.

"This mask is itchy..." Hawke randomly admitted.

Eden laughed, switching his eyes to an orange color, small flames filling his eyes, "you can take it off. I'm blind with these eyes anyways."

Hawke looked up at Eden, admiring the male's eyes."Something else in common, you both are definitely two of a kind," Hawke said.

Eden smiled, "being rare does have it's advantages." Eden spoke, "and I can do some cool tricks."

Eden lifted his arm to the sky, allowing flames to shoot up and burst into fireworks. "But since I can't see well, I have to feel a lot more and sense heat."

Hawke laid down on the grass looking up at the sky. He chuckled to himself.

"Boring..." he teased.

Eden flick his other hand in Hawke's direction, making a small flame go pass his face, "watch it."

"For someone who says their blinded you definitely seem to know your way around here," Hawke scoffed.

He laid his hands on his stomach before finally removing the mask. He looked back at Eden.

"Picking up on my other senses helps, I'm glad you finally took your mask off and relaxed a little bit. That uptight aura was messing with my mojo." Eden said, his hair slowly moving around even though there was no wind.

Eden moved the hand that was shooting up, "my father taught me how to story tell with fire when I was young." Eden said.

His hands were now place in front of him, facing up to the sky, the flames began to dance on top of his hands.

"There once was a small boy who cherished the world," soon an imagine of a boy danced around in the flames, "even though the world never cherished him." A small boy was surrounded by dark figures yelling at him.

"He was so young, yet had to grow up fast, the world could not handle such a person correctly. It made him anger, upset." The boy was shown having a breakdown, throwing things.

"His powers and his emotions got mixed and he destroyed the one thing that kept him happy," a house was shown set on fire, the small boy crying on his hands and knees. The flames died down. "Anger kills friendships, relationships and sometimes people."

The last image caused Hawke to sit up, his eyes still glued to the sky. Flashbacks from when he was younger came back fast. The garden, his dad... the pebbles...

His hands went to his mouth as a few tears were shed. He remained silent, understanding it all. Completely robbed of his words, he watched the flames die out and looked at Eden.