Part 17~ Goodbye

Hannah

The first thing I felt when I woke up was Shawn's chest pressed against my back, his strong arms wrapped around me and his warm breath hitting the skin on the back of my neck. And for the first time, I felt sad when I woke up. Usually, I'm pretty happy when I wake up, but today is different. I just want to lie here in bed as long as I can and spend so much time as possible with Shawn. All of sudden I felt a warm little tear rolling down my cheek. I didn't wipe it away, I just let it roll down my cheek and landing on the white pillow, leaving a weat little spot.

I felt him moving behind me and gently kissing me on my neck. I close my eyes, letting the small tears continue to roll down my cheeks. "Good morning," he said with his deep and raspy morning voice "Morning" I responded and turned around in his arms.

He brushed away the hair from my face with his hand "Do you want breakfast?" I only nodded my head, didn't want to say anything else so he wouldn't hear in my voice that I was crying. "Then I'm going to the nearest coffee shop and buying breakfast. Anything special you want?" I shook my head and he kissed me quickly on my lips before he unwrapped his arms from me and went out of the bed.

20 minutes later Shawn walked back into the room with a takeaway bag in his hand and a magazine in the other.

I rested my back against the headboard with a smile on my face. "I didn't know what you wanted so I took a bit of everything" he handed me the bag and the magazine "I'm sure I do" He leaned down but when our faces were just a few inches away from each other, his phone started to ring. He put up one finger in front of him, giving me a sign to wait. He moved the phone to his ear and ran his fingers through his curls.

He took away the phone from his ear and placed his hand on top of it "You can start eating. I'm coming soon" he said before he walked out of the bedroom and I could hear his voice fade away. I took up the magazine and thought that I could read it meanwhile I wait for him.

I look through the magazine and stop when I see pictures from the event Shawn took me to. There are pictures of the celebrities that were invited to the event and then my eyes caught the picture of me and Shawn. My eyes are drawn to the text that is written in a white bubble on the side of the picture.

'Lives of the rich and famous and lovestruck. Who is the new girl Shawn Mendes has been spotted with on the streets? And why did he bring her to the event? Is there something that we don't know? What do you hide Mr. Mendes?'

Oh, no. This is bad. This is really bad.

My heart sinks and my stomach starts to turn. I look on the other page and two of them are snapshots from me and Shawn on the streets when we're holding hands. How could we not notice that the paparazzi were following us?  I read the text about me and Shawn and it only got worse. I jumped through the pages unable to focus on what the line said.

I hear him opening the door and a quick rush of panic passes through me. "Now, let me turn off this phone so we can enjoy our last hours together" He could read on my facial expression that something was wrong. "What's that face?" "I don't know. You tell me" I toss the magazine at Shawn, who catches it as it hits his chest. He looks down at the magazine. "Celeb Weekly. So?" he looks up at me and raises one eyebrow. He tosses his phone on the bed and starting to stroll across the room, collapses into the armchair and starts to leaf through the pages.

His eyes widened and then looked up at me and stood up. He ran his hand through his hair once again. "I don't get it. We have been so careful. This has never happened before" he placed his hand over his mouth and started to rub his hand side to side. His face telling me that he is confused, just like me.