Part 18~ Back to the old life

Shawn

I have never felt like this before. This was harder than I thought, much harder than I thought. If I knew that I would feel like this after this week I would never have been on the auction. But I'm glad that I went there if I wouldn't have been there I would never have the chance to meet Hannah again.

Why does it hurt so much that I know that she won't be here with me anymore? That I probably won't see her ever again. This has been one of the best weeks ever and I'm so grateful that I got the opportunity to have her.

Usually when I'm dropping off my prizes is one of the easiest things to do. But not this time. This time was so much harder and for the first time in a very long time, I cried. I usually don't cry, but this was something different. When her arms wrapped around my neck I just couldn't, it felt like a part of my heart broke. That this is the last time I will see her, the last time I will feel her touch and hear her voice. I kissed her one last time before I jumped into the limo and told Roger to drive away. If I look at Hannah for one more minute, I'll just cry even more. If I could, I would have asked her to stay for a few days more. But I can't. The contract says one week and one week it is.

I told Roger to drive home, to get some rest, I just need to be alone for a little while.

I opened the door and tossed my keys on the little table in the hall. I have been used to that we are two living under this roof. But now it's only me. It's so quiet that I can hear my breathing. I plopped down on the couch, feeling the need to hear her voice. I decided to call her but it didn't get through. I only came to her voicemail.

"Hi, this is Hannah. I, unfortunately, can't take your call at this moment. But I call you as quick I get free" hearing her voice made me smile and calm. I could hear in her voice that she was smiling big. I felt one tear rolling down my cheek. I called one more time, fully aware that she won't answer this time either. But I just want to hear her voice over and over again. I laid down on the couch, calling her time after time. Tears rolling down my cheeks.

I have to do something so I can see her again. But what?

Hannah

I wiped off the tears with my shirt and opened the door.

"W-what are you doing here?" I asked, totally shocked. "I took a flight and decided to surprise you. Aren't you happy?" he stretched out his arms in front of him "I am. But how did you found me?" "If you remember I also went to this university. I drove here, asked where you were and now I found you"

Jack still had his arms stretched in front of him and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his torso. "But you said that you were going to stay in Toronto for a while?" I looked up at him. "Yeah, I know. But I changed my mind" he smiled at me and creased my cheek with his thumb. "So do you wanna go and play some billiards and drink some beer?"

"Jack, I would love to. But I just got here and I have been on a flight for 7 hours, so I'm kinda tired" "Oh common Hannah. It will be fun. Play a little bit of billiards and just hang out" He unwrapped his arms and ran his hand through his brown hair.

I am pretty tired, but what is the worst thing that could happen? The time is 7 pm. What should I do the rest of the evening? Lie in bed and just do nothing? No, I don't think so.

"Lead me the way," I said and grabbed my purse. "Are you sure?" he asked with a smirk "Yeah, why not. I don't want to lie in bed and just look up at the celling the rest of the evening" he laughed and it wasn't until now when I saw that he had two dimples. Fuck, I really love when guys have dimples. It's so cute.

"Have you played this before?" he asked and gave me the stick. "A few times. I'm not so good at it. But it can happen that I and my friends are going to this place, drinking some beer and playing billiards" "Good, then you know the rules" he said and bent down over the green-covered table and closed his one eye. Trying to get a good shot. I watched as the white ball hitting the others, causing them to spread all around the table. He bent up, holding the stick in the upper edge, looking proud. I smiled to myself and bent over the table. Trying to get one of the balls into one of the small baskets on the sides.

After a few turns, we were equal in the points. Jack held the stick in a steady grip, focusing on the red ball. When he slid the stick under his hand I let out a sound, causing him to flinch so he missed his shot. The white ball rolling over the table without pushing the red one into the basket. "Ey!" he shoots me a gaze. He tried to look angry but failed when he saw me laughing. "What?" I shrugged and took a sip of my beer. "I just got cramp in my leg"

He smirked and shook his head. Looking at me when I walked around the table. Standing in front of him. "Step aside and let me show you how it's really done"

He took a step backward, I bent over the table and I could feel his eyes burning at me. I then felt his body pressing against mine, his breathing against my neck hand his hands placed on top of mine. "Let me help" he whispered, sending shivers down my spine. I looked at him over my shoulder before I looked at the table again focusing to win this game.

His hand slowly ran down the side of my body. I bit my lip, trying to focus on the game and not him. He then tickled the side of my waist which caused me to jump, failed, just like him.

"Jack!" I turned around and saw that he was smirking. "What?" he shrugged. Mimic what I did earlier. "I got cramp in my hand" he gave me a playful grin and I nudge him on his chest.

Two games later I won. "And you said that you couldn't play" "I never said that I couldn't play. I just said that I'm not so good at it" I took the last sip of my beer before we called it a night.

It started to get dark and a little bit chilly. Because I don't have a jacket I wrapped my arms around me. And Jack noticed it immediately. "Here, take my jacket" he took off his denim jacket "No Jack, it's okay. It's not far from the university. But thanks" I smiled at him and felt that I started to get goosebumps over my arms "Bullshit. Take it" he placed his jacket over my shoulders "You have goosebumps all over your arms. I'm not letting you freeze" I could feel the blood rush up to my cheeks. "Thanks"

We stood outside the door to the dorm. "Thanks for tonight" "Of course. It was fun. Even though you cheated" he smirked "Hey, I didn't cheat. You cheated" I pushed him playfully on his shoulder. I took off his jacket and handed it to him "No keep it" He looked at me with a look he had never used before- at least during the times we've met.

"What?" I smiled and looked up at him. He took a step towards me and took away a strand of hair and placed it behind my ear and then run down his hand so it was between my cheek and neck, drawing small circles with his thumb on my cheek. His brown eyes looked beep into mine "It's nice to see you again" he says before he pulling me into a long and passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tippy toes.

After a little while, we pulled away and I could feel my cheeks burning. "Good night," he said with a smile "Good night" I almost whispered and watched him walking away. I felt like a girl from a romantic teen movie when she gets her first kiss from the guy she has fallen in love with. I felt completely warm in my body and weak in my legs.

Wow. Just, wow.

~~~~
This probably wasn't my best part of this book. But I hope that you liked it!
❤️❤️❤️