•chapter thirteen•

hips

Lili and I watch the boys skate around. The sun is setting and shines a beautiful caste all over the park.

"How do they do that?" I wonder aloud.

"They move their feet and- I really don't know." She says looking at them. I can see her eyes beginning to study their feet placement.

Lucas comes up on the ramp things towards us.

"I see you guys looking at us. Wanna learn how to skate?" He asks enthusiastically.

"NU UH!"
"Sure!"

Lili and I say at the same time.

"I'm good! I don't want another bruise, I am clumsy enough! I'm sure if I skated I would some how brake a bone or- I'm good." Lili finishes her rant.

Lucas laughs. "Come on," He nods to me. "You know what I just realized?" He asks.

"Hm?" I hum in a question tone.

"We never told each other our names." He chuckles.

"Oh!" I laugh. "Violet but my friends call me V or lady." I say blushing.

"Lady?"

"Short for ladybug- it's just a funny nickname."

"cool." He says looking at me. "um-" He starts clearing his throat. "I'm Lucas." He smiles down at me.

I already knew your name! But I just don't want to come off as a stalker so I'll pretend I didn't know your name...

"Okay! Skating." He places the skateboard down and shows me where to put my feet.

"Like this." I say placing my feet where he told me to.

I lose my balance but Lucas swiftly places his hands on my hips steadying me.

"Thanks." I tuck a lock of red hair that fell down.

He leaves his hands there and guides me forward. He tells me to put one foot down and push off on it and then place that foot back on the board.

"ok.." I mutter unsure. This all seems a little too complicated for me.

He leaves his hands on my hips but lightly, ready to let go once I push off. I push off and go ever so slightly forward.

At my tiny movement, I am proud! "I did it!" I smile at him.

I look behind him to see Grey with his usual scowl. This time his glare isn't set on my eyes but on my hips.

"Good job!" Lucas congratulates me.

"Nice job V!" Lili giggles and claps her hands.

~

The sun goes down sooner then expected and soon our golden hour fades. I text mom, telling her that I'm with friends and she just reply's with a 'be home before 11:30 and be careful'.

"I'm starving! Are y'all getting hungry?" Lili asks the group.

"I'm hungry." Lucas pats his belly.

Grey nods his head in response.

We all decide on burgers and shakes at the town's favorite 50's themed diner.

We get in the cars and head toward the diner.

"Are you and Grey ok?" Lucas asks once we get in his car.

"I don't know- why?"

"Because every time I looked over at him he was staring at you. Like he was mad or something."

"Oh. Ever since I meet him he's been like that. I have no idea what I did but..." I mumble quietly.

"Weird." Lili comments.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞