•chapter sixteen•

🥧

All day I have been ignoring Grey.

I tried talking to him in the car but he wants be a butt. His language is out of control, and I can't stand to hear another cuss word come out of  his filthy mouth.

Now I'm no saint, but I don't really cuss. I've tried it, but it makes me feel weird.

The end of school flies by and I'm just thankful it's over.

"V! V!" I hear someone call my name.

I turn around to see Jacob. "Hey girl are you okay? You've been acting strange." He asks while analyzing me.

"Yeah. Sorry I haven't talked all day." I weakly laugh out.

I really do feel bad. I sorta didn't talk and was too caught up in my own thoughts to acknowledge anyone.

"Well if you need to talk I'm here for you." He says with a smile and slips a paper in my hand.

"Thank you Jacob!" I say and hug him. 

A much needed hug.

I left my car here last night so I brought my keys but walked here. I walk over to my car and slumped down in the driver seat. Driving home my head was clouded with thoughts and ideas on how to forget about Grey.

I need to clear my head, so I head home and straight to the kitchen. I cut up some peaches and take out all my necessary ingredients.

Baking has always cleared my head and makes me happy just by smelling the delicious treat I baked.

I use some dough and crust and end up with a peach pie. I put the pie in the oven to bake and sit on top of the counter. A little happy that my mind is free. All I can think about is eating my soon to be delish pie.

"Honey!" My mom springs up from her chair to greet me excitedly. "Guess who's coming today!"

"Who?" I ask grumpily.

I don't mean to give my mom attitude but I just wanted a day to myself.

"A new family that just moved down the street! I talked to the mom- ugh, such a nice lady. I'm planning to invite her to yoga from now on." She beams at me.

"That's great." I grit out. I focus my glare on the pie to avoid eye contact with my mom and steal her happiness.

"I was wondering if we could please use your peach pie for dessert!?" She asks timidly.

"Sure!" I say with a hint of sarcasm.

I was hoping to have my peach pie all to myself and watch a movie with Mochi.

Mochi is my cat and I love her. Like me all day she loves exploring the woods but she always comes back every night.

I was also hoping to finish a whole tub of ice cream but that doesn't seem to be happening either.

I jump off the counter and make my way to my room.

"Wear something nice! I heard there are some cute boys your age coming over." My mom yells down the hallway.

Grey isn't cute.

I make my way to my room and slump down on my bed.

••••
LIKE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞