CHAPTER FIVE

She ran with all her might scared shitless. The night was dark and quiet with no sign of a soul outside. She turned left and right for help but no one was outside to save her from the dog chasing her. Her legs were becoming weak with each step she took.

The dog was a few inches close to her when a car came speeding in her direction with the tires screeching. The car finally came to a halt and the man driving the car quickly came out worried for the terrified girl. That was when he saw the giant dog just a few inches away from her with his tongue out ready to have a bite of her flesh.

She ran to hold his hand tightly " Please save me " she was terrified.

The man only nodded and then took the stick not far from where he was standing. He went forward to drive the hungry dog away.

" he is finally gone, now you've got nothing to be scared of " he smiled charmly at her.

She raised her eyes to meet his but was surprised to see that his face appeared blurry to her. Before she knew it she screamed in fright

" kalthum....kalthum.... Kalthum" Basma called out as she saw her sister sweating profusely in her sleep. She was shaking badly.

" Kalthum wake up"

"help me! Help me! Help"

" calm down Kalthum it's just a dream," Basma said to her in concern

Kalthum sat up right, she looked around the room " Where are we? "

Basma furrowed her brows " You don't remember? "

" Am I supposed to? "

" yes, Kalthum. You fainted when you met Sir Faisal. "

"Sir Faisal? Who is he? "

" You don't remember anything? For sure?" this got Basma alarmed "Maybe I should call the doctor back"

Kalthum rubs her head slightly "You don't need to. I remember everything now. please don't tell me he didn't give us the job. "

A smile spread across Basma's face " Of course we still have the job. He only requested to have a word with you when you wake up "

" oh"

" yes oh. This got me thinking, have you two met before? Because I don't understand why he was shocked upon seeing you! Let's not forget that you fainted too "

Kalthum swallowed " Of course not we haven't met before. Maybe I resembled someone he knew and about me fainted, have you forgotten that I was sick when we left home? I'm sure it's that sickness that made me faint"

Kalthum knew she should have just told her sister the truth but something in her didn't want to tell her. Faisal was the same mysterious man who helped save her from the hands of Halima at the hotel.

" oh ok. " Basma said not believing

" so now what? Are we going to start work now or what? "

" The senior nanny said I can start tomorrow whereas you should at least rest for two days before you can start working" Basma explained "This got me wondering "

" what? "

" I'm still confused at why Sir Faisal shouted the word 'you'. It was as if he had seen you before or maybe you'd done something he doesn't like "

Kalthum rolled her eyes "Please don't think too much about it. I'm sure he made a mistake because I've never seen him before. Believe me"

" I hope so," Basma said with an eye-rolled