CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

.
.
.
.
.

After taking Hindatu home, Faisal drove home too. He couldn't stop thinking about Hindatu's sudden cold shoulders.

When Kalthum ran away he went back to the office where a vexing Hindatu was waiting for him. She looked deep in thought that she didn't even feel his presence.

He cleared his throat trying to gain her attention "Are you alright? "

She gave a small smile and then nodded "Yes I am. "

He shrugged " OK. Are you heading home now? Cos I'm about to close"

She fiddles with her nails " Does that mean you won't allow me to take you out today? "

" I'm sorry Hindatu. Right now I have a lot on my mind "

She nodded " I understand " forcing a smile " I'll just leave "

" No! I can drop you home. I don't mind " he told her

She stared at him longer than expected "Are you sure? Hope it won't be a problem "

" Not at all" he shook his head and went to retrieve his car keys which were on his desk. Faisal then looked at Hindatu, he noticed that her high-spirited self was gone, she was acting calmer and somehow feeling sad.

"Are you sure you're OK Hindatu? Did I do something wrong " he couldn't help but asked

She shook her head sadly " Of course not, you did nothing wrong. Just don't mind me "

"Are you sure? "

" yeah " she nodded then stood up "It best we leave already "

In the Car

Faisal drove smoothly and wouldn't want to scare her with his normal speed since she was acting different all of a sudden. Since the car was too quiet for his liking, he turned on the radio, lowering the volume.

" is she the one? " Hindatu asked all of a sudden

He looked at her confused " who? "

" Kalthum your maid " she replied still looking outside the window.

" I don't get what you're trying to say Hindatu "

She huffs "Don't pretend you don't understand, ya Faisal. I know you like her. I saw the way you looked at her and what's more shocking of all was when you ran after her. She isn't just a mind to you ya Faisal " she almost snapped

"If you can just calm down and explain what you're trying to say maybe I'd understand. I don't get why you're even angry. What if I like her, what is it to you ?"

She felt threatening tears on her cheeks " Don't you get it ya Faisal?"

" I don't understand why my love life is any of your concern "

" I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. I ju_st I just tend to act stupid sometimes. Forget we ever had this conversation " she said as she wiped her tears

He pulled up on their street. Parking the car by the gate.

" Yes"

She looked at him quizzically "Sorry? What do you mean by yes"