CHAPTER SIX

A shout-out to Xaharau for the new book cover ❤❤

The first thing that came to her mind when she entered was 'the incident at the hotel'.Kalthum quite knew or already knew that this was what this meeting was all about. It was bound to be raised and she prays it won't cost her her job.

" You asked for me sir? " she said.

He raised his head to meet her eyes. Kalthum couldn't look at his direction. Like before, her head was down. She was ashamed to. She knew she shouldn't be ashamed because she didn't do anything bad but he didn't know that. Sir Faisal's thoughts of her are different. The bashing she received from Halima even made it more believable.

" yes, I did. Come have a sit " he gestured

" ok," she moved forward to sit on the chair. " I'm sorry sir for fainting earlier on "

" let's cut the chase short young lady. I'm sure you know why I reacted the way I did before you fainted. "

She shifted in her seat "Yes yes sir. " The next thing she did surprised him. Kalthum knelt on her knees.

"Please sir, I know there is no amount of explanation I do that would make you change your thoughts about me. Sir, I just want you to know that you will never regret giving me this job. I'll work with everything in me. Please Sir I promise not to disappoint you. " she pleaded " And sir, if you feel uncomfortable having me work in your house I'll understand but please don't send my sister away too. " she almost in tears

Faisal didn't say anything the whole time. He watched her as she talked. She even made everything easier for him. He doesn't need to tell her how uncomfortable he feels having her here, she already knows it.

" Good. Since we both have agreed on what all this is all about, it's settled then. Trust me I don't want to give you this job at all. I don't trust you, especially from first impressions. I'm sure you know what I mean. "

Kalthum nodded " I understand " She stood up " I get it, you won't give me the job. You don't need to go deeper sir. Let me make it easier for you, I'll just take my leave " She turned around to make her way to the door

" I'm not done talking "

She paused then turned around to look at him with questioning eyes "What again? "

" Did I say I wasn't giving you the job? " he asked her

She was confused "But you just said I-

" I said what? The fact that I said I don't want to give you this job doesn't mean you don't have the job "

She was speechless " D-o you mean I still have my job? " her eyes glittered with tears.

He nodded nonchalantly "Yes you do. You have the job, but -"

" But what? " she joined her hands tightly scared of what might come after the but

" I don't want to regret doing you this favor. I hope you've dropped your wayward acts outside before you came here. "

If it wasn't because of the promise she made to Basma, she would have just told him the real truth. The whole truth about the hotel incident.

She grinds her teeth, I hate this

" I won't disappoint you sir" she swallowed. That was the only thing she could say

" Good, you may leave " he dismissed and continued what he was doing before she came in.