CHAPTER FORTY ONE

TWO YEARS LATER.

" I CONGRATULATE Y'ALL ONCE AGAIN." the VP congratulated. He waved at them as he left the stage.

Their faces broke into big smiles. They were very happy, happy to be called a graduate. They've all waited for this wonderful and blissful day.

Kalthum hugged her sister as if her life depended on it. She couldn't stop the wide smile on her face. She was just too happy for both of them.

" I'm so happy ya Basma! Finally, we're now graduates! I can't believe it! "

Basma giggled " I can't believe it too kalthum. Mom would be so proud of us "

Basma should have graduated last year but things didn't go as planned because that was the year she used to work at the Dantata's house, and it wasn't possible. Last year, she thought she would be graduating after she finally resumed school, only to be shocked with a carryover.

Since Basma had a carryover in one of her core courses last year, so she needed to add another year to be able to pass that course.

The two sisters use that moment to search for their mother in the crowd. They saw her waving and smiling at them. She sure looks like a very proud mother.

" Mom! " they screamed at the same time. They ran to catch up with her.

Immediately, they hugged her at the same time as they neared her. Aunty Suwayba also hugged them back with the same emotion. She teared up instantly.

" My baby girls. I'm very proud of you two, very very"

" Thanks a lot, Mom" They pull away from the hug with the happiness still showing around them.

" You two don't know what this day meant to me. You just fulfilled one of my dreams for you and that made me so proud. I'm a very proud mother and thanks to the two of you "Aunty Suwayba teared up again.

Basma and Kalthum also wiped up a threatening tear" We'll do anything to make you happy Mom. You are all we've got and this doesn't stop here, we promise to keep on making you proud for the rest of our lives, inshaa Allah"

Kalthum also nodded in agreement at what Basma said "Yes Mom"

" Thanks a lot"

" Can we finally go and snap the pictures? " kalthum asked eagerly with a pout

Aunty Suwayba chuckled" Of course dear"

Basma shook her head at her sister then finally led the way.

**

Habib stared at the mirror for the tenth time today. It's been two good years now since he started dating Basma. He smiled remembering her expression the moment she found out that he was the mysterious guy chatting with her.

Basma almost fainted that day. She never expected that someone like Habib was into her, not even in her slightest dream. Quite alright, she found him handsome but the thought of dating him had never crossed her mind.

Basma punished him by not talking to him after finding out that he was the mysterious guy. She refused to talk to him for two good months. He pleaded but she didn't listen. Kalthum had to finally interfere before Basma finally calmed down. After two months of lack of communication, Habib had to court her for another month making it three months of his suffering.

Finally, he now owns her heart and he is very grateful to Allah for that. He loves her a lot and is ready to take their relationship to the next level which is marriage. The only one delaying is Basma. According to her, she wants to resolve Faisal and Kalthum's issue before she can finally think of any marriage.