CHAPTER TWENTY

I know, I know 😔 I know you guys have a lot to say and I'm sorry for making you all wait.🤗🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 I never planned to take this long before updating. Something unexpected happened and I don't pray for it to happen ever again Inshaa Allah. I so much missed you guys and this book, which is why I decided to rush this chapter this midnight to show you all how sorry I was ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤. FORGIVE ME GUYS 😥😇

.
.
.
.
.
.

Zainab sighed for the tenth time today. Her annoying brother as she prefers to call him kept on pestering her about her friend, Kalthum. Since he got back to town he hasn't seen Kalthum and his kid sister refuses to tell him about her whereabouts.

Jamil is Zainab's elder brother and he is one of Kalthum's many admirers but because of the player he was, Kalthum never for once developed a liking for him. She prefers to see him as Zainab's brother and nothing more.

"Please Zainab, why do you keep avoiding this question? " he asked as he sat on the couch in front of her.

Zainab rolled her eyes and then dropped the novel she was reading " Ya Jamil, I've told you already, She traveled"

He smirked " Really now? Yesterday you told me she was in her mother's house and today another story? I don't get why you don't want me for your friend, I like her and you know it"

" I don't trust you Yaya. You and I both know that you've never dated a single lady, you have plenty and I don't want to put my friend in a situation where she would suffer a heartbreak. The same Kalthum we are talking about doesn't even like you that way. She sees you as an Elder brother "

He snorted "A brother who has a crush on her "

Zainab groaned "Please can we just forget about all this? I was enjoying my novel before you interrupted me "

He stood up after he caught sight of her phone without allowing her to know, he pretended as if he wanted to take a book from her small table, Jamil then slipped the phone into his pocket.

" OK dear sister, I'll leave you the hell alone " he salutes then turns to leave

Zainab was kind of confused, her brother never gave up just like that. She shrugged, she didn't want to think too much about it. Zainab then continued reading her novel

**

Immediately Jamil entered his room, he quickly retrieved a pen and paper and scribbled down a number which he had been looking for, for a long long time. Kalthum's number. He smirked then kept his sister's phone on his bed.

" oh dear Kalthum, I've missed you too much babe"

He neatly folded the paper and kept it under his pillow. He then left to return his sister's phone

***

Zainab was about to turn to the next page when she heard a knock on her door. She already knew it was her brother

She groaned " What is it again Yaya? "

" I want to return the book I borrowed, " his faint voice said from outside

" book? What book?"

" Just open the damn door already "

Zainab glared at the door but still got up to open it " Where is the book? " she asked instead, refusing to open the door wider for him to enter.