CHAPTER SEVEN

Finallyq, Kalthum's two days of freedom were now over. This means she is finally starting her duty today after the two days' breaks she had just to be strong from her sickness. She had waited for this day because boredom was killing her alone in her room.

She dressed in her maid uniform which was given to her by Umm Rasheed the senior maid. Already, Basma has long gone to her work post which is the parent's side of the mansion. Yes, Basma was placed among other maids to work in the big boss's side of the mansion. The big Dantata himself. But if she gets lucky she can be changed to Habeeb's room. It's so sad to say that the parents prefer to have their section separated from the children's own. What a parent they are. They only meet whenever they are about to have breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

As for Kalthum, she is in charge of Faisal's room. Surprising right? Faisal prefers it like that so he can keep an eye on her. The whole setup of a thing got Basma angry, she had wished to be in Kalthum's position right now but the fact is she had no right to complain but to comply and that is what she did.

Kalthum picked up her mopping stick and a plastic bucket along with her. She had never done any maid work before but she was ready to put all her efforts into making this work for her. Especially now that she is on Sir Faisal's blacklist and she was sure if he finds any mistakes in her he is likely to send her packing. It was a two-minute walk from the maid's lodge to the main house. She took in a deep and calming breath before twisting the door knob.

First on her duty list

she is in charge of waking the twins. She was shocked by that fact. Not that they aren't two grown-ups for Allah's sake. They are almost adults but they still had to be woken up like babies?

Second on the list, she is to clean Sir Faisal's room before any rooms in the house. Like seriously?

Thirdly, she needs to make sure that no visitors are to be received unless Sir Faisal gives permission. This was a known fact

Kalthum met no one in the living room. It was as quiet as a graveyard. She climbed up the stairs to the twin's room. From what she had heard about these two, they can make one piss his pant. She had witnessed it too.

Kalthum quietly opens the door to their room. She knows they're still sleeping and wonders if they even perform fajr prayer. She shrugged. Her speculation was right actually, the room was a little dark because the curtains and window were closed. She traced the switch, then pressed it on and the flashlight brightened the room.

She was astonished by how big the room was. It was beautiful. Exactly how a lady's room should be. It's so girly.

Both twins were still in bed unaware that a particular maid was in the room. Kalthum thought of ways she would use to wake them. Umm Rasheed had warned her to be very careful of how she would wake them. They tend to get angry quickly. Who doesn't know that already?

She decided to use the same system she normally used on her sister when they were at their own house. Any guesses on what that system is? Kalthum played a song from her phone titled, Party Scatter by Fireboy.

The twins had to jump up from bed at the loud tone of the music. They got scared thinking something had happened. Kalthum quickly switched off the music to hide the evidence.

" what was that noise? " Hassana asked her sister who also was clueless of where that sound came from.

" I don't know " Hussaina shrugged from where she was standing on the other side of the bed fully awake. Both were still clueless that a particular someone was in the room.

" Good morning " Kalthum finally greeted almost scaring the twins in the process

After they both gained balance, they stared at the figure standing close to the door.