CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

Basma sobbed quietly on the hospital bed. She has been doing that a lot since she landed in the hospital. Her past bad behavior hunts her a lot anytime she thinks about it. Her mind isn't at rest anytime she remembers all she has done and most especially what she did to her blood sister, Kalthum.

Kalthum

Basma shook her head sadly as her sister's name passed through her lips. Her loving sister, she thought. How she wishes she hadn't done all those things to Kalthum, how she wishes she could reverse time just to correct all her bad deeds. No one will want a disgrace like her. No one will want someone like her in their life after they know what she has done.

Basma wants to correct everything. She wishes everything was easy but it isn't. Finally, she will be heading home today and she is scared of how Kalthum will face her. The last time they argued, it didn't end well. Kalthum refuses to believe that she has changed.

She sniffles quietly. She was emotionally drained. Aunty Suwayba went to get a tricycle so that they could finally leave.

Basma zipped up her bag and left the room to go check on her mother. Lucky for her, Aunty Suwayba was also coming up to call her.

" Mom! Have you stopped a tricycle yet"

Aunty Suwayba nodded "Yes dear and he is already waiting downstairs "

" Alright, mom. Mom? "

" yes dear "

Basma fiddles with her nails " I know you've spent a lot throughout my stay here and you've tried a lot for me, Mom. I truly appreciate it. I also want to let you know that Sir Faisal has paid my salary. He even paid that of the next three months upon I haven't worked for it "

" Wow, that's nice of him. I don't know how to thank that young man enough. He was the one that settled all the bills. Imagine my surprise when the cashier told me. "

Basma smiled " He might have made a mistake before but he is a good man"

" He is actually "Aunty Suwayba nodded in agreement " but I need to have a serious conversation with him. No matter the money he has, he still hurts my little girl. He still needs to be dealt with "

Basma could only hum

" Let's get going dear before the tricycle man gets tired of waiting "

***

Kalthum was lying on her bed pressing her phone when a message came in. She furrowed her brows because it looked like a message from her bank. She clicked on the message, just for it to open, and was shocked at what she saw.

Her account has been credited with a sum of one million naira. Her phone flew out of her hand due to the shock. She couldn't believe her eyes. After she was out of the shock, Kalthum took the phone again from the bed to check who must have sent the money. Only for her to see a name she dreaded calling. Faisal Umar Dantata came into view.

Kalthum felt a sudden rage at this. She couldn't believe why he would send such an amount of money to her. Is he trying to bribe her with his money? She thought. She never begged him for money so why would he send her one?

She quickly dialed his number and he picked up in an instant as if he had been expecting her call. Before she could say a word he beat her to it.

" Before you say anything, I promise I'm not trying to bribe you so you can come back to me or something. I only did that because it is the right thing to do"

She scoffed "Really Faisal? Did you call that the right thing to do? I never asked you for your money and I don't need it. Send me your account number so I can send it back to you. Did I ever tell you that I'm hungry for money "