CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

Aunty Suwayba rushed into the hospital with Kalthum trailing behind her. They were both looking reshelved after hearing the news from Umm Rasheed who called them.

As they entered, they looked around the reception in the hope of finding a familiar face. They forgot to bring their phone because they were in haste to leave the house.

" Good evening ma, how can I help you? " the lady at the front desk asked as she saw how worried they were.

Kalthum turns to her " My sister is here. She just got admitted a few hours ago "

" Alright, can you tell me her name so I can check the book for her room number?"

Kalthum exhaled "Her name is Basma Uthman. She came with an older lady "

The nurse's eyes perked up in realization." yes I remember. Go to room 23, you'll find them there. It's a private room"

Kalthum nodded " Thanks a lot nurse" She went to meet her mother " Mom let's go"

They hurriedly left to look for room 23.

***

" Doctor, what could be the reason why she fainted? She gave us a scare " Faisal asked the doctor then rubbed his face.

The doctor nodded in understanding "It's normal to get scared when things like this happen. We've run a test on her "

" So what is the result? "

"It's nothing much other than typhoid and we also discovered that she hasn't been eating well. This is exactly what made her faint because she was weak. I think you need to monitor your wife, sir, because if she continues this habit of not eating I'm sorry to say this, she might develop an ulcer. I'm even surprised that she is even ulcer free"

Faisal was confused by this news. He wonders why she hasn't been eating when there are lots of food at home.

" She is not my wife "

" Whatever she may be to you, you still have to monitor her if you don't want what happened to repeat itself"

Faisal heaved a sigh "But the doctor I hope after this treatment, this fainting of hers will stop. "

The doctor shrugged "It depends. If she decides to take her meal seriously then you don't have any problem and as for the typhoid, you'll have to get the drugs I've prescribed from the pharmacy downstairs."

" OK. Thanks once again doc" They shook hands

***

Kalthum finally reached the third floor which is where room 23 was. Aunty Suwayba followed her lead.

Kalthum was about to make a turn to her left when she came crashing into someone's chest.

" Ouch"

The man held her in place before the two of them could stumble backward and fall. Kalthum groaned and then pushed herself away quickly after she noticed that she was being held by a man.

She was about to apologize but froze when she came into eye contact with the person.

" you? " she huffs

Aunty Suwayba had long left her behind and was already in room 23.

Faisal smirks" What? Is it my fault now? "

The smirk she once used to love before.

She glared at him " I don't have time for small talk. If you may excuse me, I have somewhere important to be " she side passed him but got dragged back by Faisal himself