CHAPTER NINETEEN

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Faisal woke up with just one wish and that was to see Kalthum's beautiful face before going to the office. Even if it's just a glimpse he is OK with that. The more he remembers last night's event, the more his smile widens. He sure looks like a high school boy right now crushing on a girl. He shook his head slightly with a smile then stilled all of a sudden.

Crush!

No! Does that mean he has a crush on Kalthum? How is that possible?!

This can't be happening, she is a maid and he is her boss. This is wrong! How come he hasn't realized that he likes her not until now? Ya Allah help me out here. This shouldn't be happening, she is just a maid! A maid who is a drop out and he doesn't swing that way.

He stared at himself as he bottomed up his shirt. But how is he going to face her? He has never felt this way in his life not even when he is with Hintadu. Then why is Kalthum so special? The sound of her name on his lips also sounds different and he likes it. Her thoughts suffocate him.

He gulped. What if she doesn't like him? What if this feeling he has is one-sided? He couldn't help but think about the what-ifs. She is the only lady that has ever gotten his attention like this apart from his twin sisters. Everything about her just fascinates him. He didn't even know when this started to happen but he was sure of one thing and that is, he likes her.

He took his wristwatch and then sauntered downstairs to have breakfast.

***

Faisal greets his parents who both responded at the same time. Basma moved forward to serve his food. He wishes it was Kalthum.

He now felt bad for replacing her with her sister. This now led to this question, why did he even replace her in the first place? It just so happens that he also didn't understand what was happening to him at that time and it's too late now to bring her back if not, Umm Rasheed would suspect something.

" So Faisal, I've been thinking " his mother started a conversation

" about? " he cock a brow at her

She flashed him a wide smile " About when you'll be getting married "

He almost choked on his food

***

" About when you'll be getting married"

Kalthum stilled when she heard. She has been avoiding Faisal ever since she woke up. The more she remembered what Basma told her the more she felt ashamed, Which was why she glued herself to the kitchen, she wasn't among those serving today. She was sure Umm Rasheed noticed her change of behavior but she hadn't asked anything about it yet.

Kalthum was about to escape out of the kitchen when she heard that statement from Faisal's mother. She paused and found the conversation worth listening to.

Kalthum waited so she could hear his reply. Although she couldn't hear she could still catch on to what they were saying. She moved closer to the kitchen door so she could hear them well.

" Mom it's my business and not yours"

Why is he too harsh on his mother? She wondered

"It is also my business too. You're my eldest son and I want to see my grandkids as soon as possible "

" Then you should have been there with Habeeb when he needed you the most. That way, you wouldn't have lost your first grandchild "

This was getting intense to listen to. Kalthum felt bad for his mom.

" I'm still your mother and you don't get to speak to me that way"