Smallville

I put on an atmosphere suit and walk out of the ship.

"Kelex, atmosphere composition?"

"Completely harmless. Earth's atmosphere consists of 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, 0.9% argon, and 0.03% carbon dioxide."

I take off my space suit and look around. I glance behind me and see Kelex following me.

"You might want to make yourself a little less conspicuous."

Kelex begins to change his shape. He turns into a metallic wristband and attaches himself to my arm.

"That's better. So where am I, Kelex?"

"You are in a small town called Smallville which is located in a national state called Kansas."

Suddenly I feel a painful buzzing in my ears.

"Argh! What is that sound?" I scream, covering my ears.

It hurts like hell.

"I think Zod failed to inform you that Earth is orbiting a young, yellow Sun. As a result, your physiology will be vastly different from when you were on Krypton. One of the aspects of your body that has been enhanced is your hearing."

My vision starts changing. I look around and everything starts to look like an X-Ray of some sort. I can see everything.

"How do I make it stop?! I can hear everything and see everything!"

"Just focus your senses, Kal. Focus only on what you want to see or hear."

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I only focus on where I am at the moment and suddenly the buzzing stops. I slowly open my eyes and find that my vision is normal. I walk around and look. There vast fields of food of some type and weird-looking buildings.

"Kelex? What are those buildings? They look so primitive."

"Those are houses. Humans live inside of those."

I continue walking. Everything looks so simple. There are vast plains and small buildings. I barely see any people.

"I have to say Kelex. This planet, it just seems so...bizarre," I say, surprised.

I hear footsteps walking and I am afraid that they will be scared. I run away from the footsteps. Suddenly everything around me speeds up. I feel a burst of wind in my face. I have never felt so alive. I stop and find myself in a field of some kind.

"Kelex, what is this?"

"Corn?"

"No, I am talking about what just happened?"

"Another one of the side effects of Earth's Yellow Sun is the enhancement of your speed and strength. Is there anything else you want to know, Kal?"

"Yeah, what else can I do?" I say in an eager tone

"The strength in your legs enable you to leap higher than a normal person, your body is completely impervious to physical damage, and you can see things up close and far away."

I look around to see what I can test my vision on. I look closely and suddenly my eyes zoom in on a small ant-pile from 90 miles away. I run and hide behind a house.

"Kelex? Is this why Zod wanted me to come to Earth? Did he know how much Earth's yellow sun would change me?"

"This wasn't actually his idea. This idea was conceived by my original programmer, Jor-El, your biological father."

A look of astonishment enters my face.

"I can't believe he actually cared about me. I thought he abandoned me," I tell Kelex.

"He never abandoned you, Kal. What happened was-"

"Wait, Kelex. Hold on to that thought."

I hear voices coming from inside the house. I look inside and see a couple.