Uniform

I wake up and get out of bed to prepare for my day. I get dressed and sit on the couch, turning on the TV. Suddenly I hear a beeping noise. I turn off the remote and follow the beeping. I head into the bunker where my spacecraft is. It's coming from my ship. I activate the door on the ship and enter. I look around to see where the beeping is coming from. I walk down a hallway.

"Good morning, Kal," Kelex says.

"Good morning, Kelex," I say, looking around.

"Hey, Kelex, do you know where a beeping sound is coming from?"

"Have you tried the clothes chamber?"

"No I haven't. Thanks."

I walk further down the hall until I reach a chamber.

"So this is the clothing chamber? Very interesting," I say to myself.

The beeping is coming from one of the doors. I pull a switch on the door, revealing a black uniform. I can't believe my eyes. It was the same uniform that I wore in the Kryptonian military while serving under my father, Zod. I wrap my hands around it and grasp its metallic form. The House of El logo is still standing in the center of the chest. I chose to wear the El logo because it reminded me of my biological dad.

"We thought we would find you in here," a voice says out of nowhere.

I turn around and see Dr. Hamilton and General Lane standing at the doorway.

"That's a cool costume," Hamilton says.

"It's not a costume, it's a uniform."

"What does the S stand for?"

"On my home planet, it symbolized hope. Maybe I could use this symbol to give hope to the innocent."

"What is that red fabric down there?" Hamilton asks.

I look down and see a box containing a black and red blanket. I grab it and pull it out of the box. I hold it up and look at it.

"Well there is no use for this."

"Wait! Maybe there is."

General Lane pulls out a pistol and aims it at the blanket.

"No, wait!" I yell.

General Lane shoots the blanket but doesn't scratch it.

"That blanket is indestructible. You could attach it to your uniform."

"Make it a cape? I am a soldier, not a superhero."

"Why not be both? Being a superman is more than just being a soldier. It's being a hero."

I look back at the uniform and continue staring at it. I take the uniform and use my heat vision to attach the cape to the shoulders. I put on the uniform in super-speed and walk out to reveal it to Dr. Hamilton and General Lane.

"I love it!" Dr. Hamilton exclaims.

"It's impressive. It's just missing something."

"I thought the same thing. I want to make a slight change. Maybe add some color to it."

Suddenly the uniform makes a noise and glows.

"What just happened?" I ask.

"It-It added color to your uniform."

"What color was I thinking of?"

"Apparently red."

I look down at my costume and see the red boots and gloves.

"I like it."

I take a step outside and breathe deeply. I stare at the Sun as the energy of its rays are absorbed into my body.

"So are you ready, Superman?" Hamilton says.

I turn around and look at Hamilton with a smirk on my face.

"This is a job for Superman!"