Invulnerability

That night when I am sleeping, I have a dream. I look around me and find myself standing in my house on Krypton.

"How is this possible?" I ask myself.

"Hello, my son, " a recognizable voice says.

I turn around and see Zod standing at the doorway.

"Pa? Pa!" I exclaimed, running up to him. I hug him as tightly as possible. Tears fall out of my eyes. "I thought that I miss you so much."

"It's alright, Kal. I am here for you now."

Suddenly a realization hits me.

"This isn't real, is it?" I ask.

"I am afraid so, Kal. But I am always with you. Just remember what your destiny is."

"Which is?" I ask.

"To conquer humanity and become its ruler!"

I gasp and wake up from my dream. I look around and in fright to see if it is real.

"Oh good, it was only a dream," I say to myself.

I look at my clock and realize that I have overslept. I rush out of my bed in panic and quickly get dressed.

I run to the training room but find no one there. I spot a note that says, "Come to room 1938."

I head to that room and find a giant treadmill in the center with weapons of all types stacked on shelves.

"What is this?" I ask in a confused tone.

"Today it's time for your durability and stamina to be put to the test. Hop on to the treadmill!" Lane replies.

I walk onto the treadmill and activate it. At first, it starts out slow but rapidly becomes faster. I barely feel anything at first but then my body starts beating up.

"Wow! This is quite a workout. I should do this more often!" I exclaim.

After a few hours, the treadmill slowly stops.

"So what was my top speed," I say as I walk off the treadmill.

"It is immeasurable."

I am stunned.

"You managed to run on a treadmill for a couple of hours without any water. I am impressed," Dr. Hamilton exclaims.

"So what is next?"

"Gentlemen! Prepare the weapons."

I watch as several soldiers grab weapons and aim them at me. One soldier is carrying an AR-15 Assault Rifle, another soldier is carrying an M60 Machine Gun, another soldier holds an M-16 rifle with an M203 grenade launcher attached, another soldier holds a flamethrower, and the last soldier carries a huge rocket launcher.

"Wow, those are some big guns! What am I going to do!" I say, sarcastically.

"You won't be cracking jokes after this! Ready, aim, fire!" Lane yells.

The soldier with the assault rifle begins firing first. The bullets tickle my skin. I try my hardest not to laugh.

"P-Please stop! It-It tickles!"

The soldier is aghast when he sees me still standing. He backs away from me in terror and runs out of the room, frightened.

"What a wimp!" General Lane says. He motions toward the next soldier who is carrying the machine gun. "Ready, aim, fire!"

The soldier fires his machine gun at me. Similar to the assault rifle, the bullets also bounce off my body and ricochet in all directions. The soldiers duck and cover to prevent themselves from getting hit by the friendly fire.

Superman: Soldier [DC Antiverse]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें