Sabotage

Me and my squadron are sent on a mission to infiltrate a warehouse where we suspect the terrorists are hiding. We walk for a quarter of a mile. Well at least my squadron did. I just flew but I didn't fly too fast because I wanted to stay with my squadron. Despite the fact that I am able to withhold my own, they need me also.

"I am so glad he is on our side," one soldier says.

"Yeah, imagine if he was evil?"

I think about that also and it scares me. We arrive at the warehouse in the middle of the desert. I look around with my telescopic vision. I spot no terrorists.

"It's quiet. Too quiet!" I say.

I walk up to the door of the warehouse. I swing my fist and send the door flying. I flip the light switch but no lights turn on.

"The power must be off," I say to the other soldiers who follow me in. "Stay alert."

We walk around the warehouse. I feel tension as if something bad was about to happen. It's a huge facility with boxes and crates everywhere. I notice that one of the boxes is labeled LexCorp. I use my x-ray vision to see through the boxes but for some reason I cannot. I walk up to one of the boxes and remove the lid to see what it is. Suddenly I feel a pain in my body. I stare at my hands which begins to turn green. I fall to my knees in pain. I knock the box as I fall over, revealing a green rock.

"HELP!!!" I cry out.

I hear footsteps running. I look up and see John Corben running towards me.

"Are you alright, Superman?"

I can barely speak. I point at the rock.

"Th-The rock!" I croak.

John grabs the rock puts it back in the box. I feel my body starting to recover. I hear gunfire suddenly.

"Go and see what's wrong?!" I yell.

"What about you?" John asks.

"GO!" I yell.

I attempt to stand back up. I feel my strength coming back to my body. After a minute I run back to my squadron.

"What the hell is going-"

I stop in my tracks when I see 4 soldiers on their knees held at gunpoint by the rest of the soldiers.

"Sergeant? What the hell are you doing?!"

"Sorry Supes, but we work for Lex."

I run at them but I start feeling weak again. I look to my left and see a soldier holding a green rock in his hand.

"How?!"

"A gift from Lex Luthor. He wants you dead!"

"Why?"

"You are too powerful to keep under control! You are the most powerful being on this planet so don't be surprised that we have safeguards!"

"Don't hurt them! You wanted me not them!"

"They went against our plan!"

"Plan?"

The soldier grabs the rock and walks up to me. He hits me in the face and everything goes black.