Chapter 1

After our arrival here in America, Chloé and I headed to our new apartment which was was closer to our new High School by 30 minutes.

The apartment was really huge and very beautiful. It had a garden at the back and a beautiful pool beside it. Various types of flowers were scattered around neatly.

"OH MY GOD!!" Chloé and I screamed not caring if we disturbed someone's morning.

We arrived at the airport exactly 6:00 am and headed to the house our parents gave us. It was from my grandparents and they decided to give it to us since we won't be having a place to stay here.

The house was painted in white, it almost looked like a mansion.
After checking the exterior of the house, we made it inside.
The interior decoration was amazing that we couldn't even stop gawking at it. I don't know for how long we've been staring since we made foot inside but then suddenly, a voice brought us out of our daze.

"Good morning ladies", woman in her late thirties greeted us.

"Good morning Miss" we greeted back.

"Call me Anabelle, I'm the maid your grandfather assigned to you. He says he doesn't trust you girls to be living on your own" she told us.

"Ugh, I knew something like this was gonna happen". I grunted.

"I'm Angelica Styles" I introduced myself to her.

"And I'm Chloé Sanders" Chloe followed suite.

"I've heard a lot about you ladies, and it's great to meet you finally".

"The pleasure is ours". Chloé told her with a smile.

She then turned to look at me with an evil glint in her hazel eyes.

"Finders keepers!" she shouted and ran straight up the long staircase to find a room big enough for her.

"I wonder how she's my best friend". I said shaking my head with a smile on my lips.

"Don't just stand there, go ahead and choose a room for yourself". Anabelle told me.

I left, carrying both I and Chloés luggages upstairs. I called for her to come for her luggage but she didn't come. She's probably too busy looking at her new room. I carried her luggage to the room at the end of the hallway. Seeing as there were four bedrooms here, the first one being the one situated right after ascending the stairs, the second one beside the first one, the third one right behind the second one and the last one at the end of the hallway. I didn't even check rooms, I immediately chose the one at the far end because I wanted no disturbance, just total peace.

When I opened the door to my room, the only word to describe it was 'awesome'. I fell in love with it instantly. It has white walls at the four corners of the room, a study table and a desk painted in white was also seated at the left corner.
A bookshelf painted in different colours was also beside the study table and desk.
That was when my eyes drifted to the gigantic bed located in the middle of the room. It had a white sheet draped over it with three fluffy pillows. There was a multicolored duvet neatly folded at the end of the bed.
What made me love the room was another thing though.

It was the glass door that led me to the balcony. Going over, I sighed. This place is amazing. It had a blue couch and two pillows on it. I could sleep here everyday.
The balcony had a perfect view of th backyard, the flowers, the pool and even the neighborhood.

There was this huge house next to our house, it was like a mansion itself. Bigger than ours. There was a window opened which was in the direction of my room and another window in the direction if Chloé's room. We'll probably find out who the house and rooms pointing in our direction belongs to sometime.

After looking at the neighborhood, I went out of the balcony and closed the door, but not before looking at the house next to ours.

There were two doors at the far side of the room. One was a walk in closet and the other was a bathroom. Quickly, I took all my toiletries into the bathroom and arranged my clothes into the walk in closet hanging each and everyone on the hangers.
I folded my undergarments into a drawer, my pair of socks into different drawers. Everything was set in their rightful place. I even had enough space left and kept my luggage there.

Now where on Earth is she.

"Chloé!" I shouted for her.

"In here" she shouted back.

The voice came from the room infront of mine. I entered her room.

"You have a nice room in here hun". I said.
She indeed have a nice room. It had blue walls, black and white furniture just like mine, a TV infront of her bed, blue sheets and duvet on her bed. There were two doors leading to a walk in closet and the bathroom.

"Glad I chose this room, show me your room". She replied.

I walked her to my room and couldn't help the surprised look on her face. It was pure priceless.

"Sucks that your room doesn't have a balcony" I teased her.

"That's not fair" she told me pouting.

"You chose the the room yourself Chloé, here's your luggage, we better take a bath then head downstairs to eat before sleeping, we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow"I told her sighing.

"Oh yeah, high school awaits us she said sighing herself. Meet you downstairs Ange" she said going back to her room.

"See ya".

With that said, I grabbed a my undegarments, a black long sleeved shirt with the words ' 8 Letters ' written in white on it and denim shorts.

After having a long relaxing bath and drying my hair, I dried my hair with a hair dryer, put on the clothes I brought along with me and put on a pair of brown sandals, grabbed my phone and then left downstairs.

I met Chloé on the way down the stairs, she was busy playing Candy Crush trying to pass the level I've reached.

"You know you can ask for my help, right?" I smirked at her.

"Oh shut up, I'll pass the level you're on and then I'll be rubbing it in your face" she smirked putting her phone back.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes.

On the dining table, we were served with lasagna and salad with some chicken. Anabelle sat with us and we all ate as she adviced us on how to be on our best behavior at school tomorrow since it's our first day and also, how we shouldn't allow people to run over us, ptf... they've not seen us yet.

After chatting with Anabelle, we were all exhausted so we went to our rooms after bidding each other a goodnight.

I changed into my pajamas which consisted of a loose tank top and grey sweatpants, I tucked myself into bed pulling the heavy duvets over me.

Sighing deeply, I closed my eyes hoping tomorrow will be a wonderful day. No one's is messing with us.
Now I wonder where those guys who made us fall at the airport are, Chloé and I just can't wait to meet them. Note the sarcasm.

The fact that they didn't even apologise made my blood boil.
With that thought, I closed my eyes and drifted into a deep slumber.

***
It's my second story, hope you like it. Check my first story, it's called Señorita.
Until next time.

-Abby