Chapter 23

"Okay, you four get your asses down here this instant. Who knows what you're doing in those rooms. Get here. NOW!" Taylor shouted downstairs.

I dashed out of the room after it was unlocked with Ryder behind me. We met Chloé and Blake on our way.

"What now?" I asked her.

"Why do I have a feeling you four did something interesting" she watched us with piercing gaze.

"Nothing!" We all shouted. Well, we're screwed.

"Ofc it's nothing" Taylor surely wasn't convinced.
"If it's nothing, then why do I see a hickey?" she munched on some cookies.

"A what?!" Ryder and I shouted. We looked at each other with wide eyes. Oh I know for sure we didn't do any hickey job. Then.....

"You two?" I left my sentence hanging.

"Mmmmm" Taylor mindlessly hummed. She didn't mind the fact that she exposed Chloé and Blake.

"It's not what it looks like" Chloé avoided our eyes.

"That's what they all say" Taylor commented.

"It's enough, let's all get ready for dinner" Blake interrupted.

"What's for dinner?" I asked.

"Spaghetti and meatballs" Ryder replied.

"I've suddenly become more hungry" I grabbed Chloé's hand and we sat beside Taylor on the couch.

"Do you two need help?" Taylor asked the boys.

"We've got it. No need". Blake told us.
Since they don't need our help, we'll just sit here and talk amongst ourselves till dinner's ready.

"Are you two going to tell me what happened or do I have to force it out of you?" Taylor asked us.

"Chloé, you go first. We want to know how come you got the love hickey" I wiggled my eyebrows at her as her cheeks turned pink.

"She's blushing. Well, that's a first" that sentence from Taylor even made Chloé blush more.

"Will you guys stop embarrassing me. It's just a hickey" Chloé told us.

"If you weren't embarrassed when you were getting the hickey, then there's no need of getting embarrassed now" I mocked her and laughed along with Taylor.

"Now tell us what exactly happened" Taylor stated.

"Fine. When we got to his room, he told me what we did today made him really scared so I have to pay the price for messing with his heart. Then he pulled me to him and gave me the hickey. There done" Chloé finished looking annoyed.

"I thought you two did the deed" Taylor joked making Chloé punch her in the arm.

"I was only joking, jeez" she rubbed her arms.

"Don't think you're off the hook. Tell us what happened" Chloé said to me.

"Nothing compared to yours" I joked. "We went to his room after someone left me with him. He said I needed to be punished and then, he kissed me" just as I said that, I covered my ears because what's next is that they'll shout, enough to destroy my ear drums.

"He did WHAT!!" they both shouted.

"Yo, you three keep it low" Ryder shouted from the kitchen.

"Who knows whose ear drums will be destroyed" Blake continued.

"He kissed you? Well, things sure escalated fast" Taylor stated.

"It's all your fault" Chloé and I blamed Taylor.

"Don't you know picking on an innocent person is a crime? She get feigned innocence. Suddenly, she dashed for the kitchen.

"You little rat, get back here!" I screamed after her.
When we got to the kitchen, she was hiding behind Ryder and Blake making funny faces at us.

"What's going on. Why are you two attacking her?" Blake asked us.

"It's all her fault" Chloé said trying to get hold of Taylor.

"You're blaming her for the hickey?" Blake asked with a smug face where as Ryder stood there looking at me with those icy eyes of his making me nervous once again.

"This is pointless anyway" I said to Chloé reaching for her hand wanting to escape from Ryder's intense gaze.

"Is dinner ready?" Chloé asked.

"Almost, get seated at the dining hall, we'll be there in less than 5 minutes". Ryder ushered us out of the kitchen. Before I got out of the kitchen, he sneaked a kiss on the left side of my neck making me gasp. I turned to look at him to see him already making his way to where Blake stood. He then looked at me and winked making me blush.

"If you're done flirting with each other, get going" Taylor said making me tear my eyes away from Ryder to look at her with an annoyed expression.

Dinner went peacefully. The food was right on spot. We chatted amongst ourselves, made jokes here and there. After the dishes were washed, we bid ourselves goodnight before heading to our various rooms.

After taking my bath and getting dressed in silk shorts and a tank top, I switched off the lights and laid down on the bed. Before I was able to close my eyes, there was a knock on the door. Wondering who it is, I went to open the door. Strange, no one's here. Just when I turned to closed the door, a hand covered my mouth and shut the door.

"Shh, it's only me" Ryder said in the dark.

"Ryder? Shouldn't you be getting ready to sleep?" I asked him thinking why he's here and not sleeping.
I switched on the lights and turned to Ryder.

"I should be sleeping but not before this" he grabbed my head to kiss me on the lips, which once again, I gave in. I don't know but whenever he kisses me, I easily give in. When I'm around him, I feel very safe. Even though we quarrel and all, I still feel safe with him. I'm one hundred percent I've fallen in love with Ryder Banks.

"I don't know why but I just can't get enough of you" he told me looking me in the eyes.
"What are you doing to me? I've been thinking about that kiss, the kiss we shared together ever since it happened, and I don't regret it. Ange, I've fallen for you".