Chapter 26

Getting out from the car, I slung my backpack over my left shoulder ignoring their eyes full of different expressions.

"Looks like we've gathered everyone's attention"Ryder said as he walked around his car to stand beside me slinging his hands across my waist. Yeah, you guessed it. The whole crowd went nuts. There were different types of gasps coming from each and everyone of them.

"You like attention don't you?" I asked him.

"What can I say, I'm that handsome, everyone loves me. No one can resist me" he cockily replied as I laughed a little. Looking around, some of the girls were giving me death glares which I of course, didn't seem phased at all.
A loud beep came from an arriving car. Turning around, I realised it was Blake's car, which was driven by Tay.
Blake got out of the car and made his way to us looking mad, whereas Tay and Chloé had smiles on their faces.

"You should at least thank me for not destroying your car from how much you were annoying me. I'm an excellent driver, no need to get all mad for no reason. There's no way I'd let a single scratch appear on your car" Taylor said as she walked over to us pinching Blake on the cheeks, who in response, swatted her hands away.

"Blake, she's an amazing driver, your car is always safe in her hands" I told him.

"Yeah yeah, she is" he replied.
We all looked at the faces of the students who were now having their jaws on the floor. It's even much worse than it was when they saw Ryder and I together.

"Still ogling at us I see" Blake smirked.

"Ryder!!"

"Here we go again" we all said drawing some laughs around us.

"What the hell is going on here? What is this bitch doing in your car? You wouldn't even let me any where closer to it. How's she any better than me?" Sasha was beyond pissed alright.

"Listen, we all know our relationship was fake" Ryder did a finger quote on the word 'relationship'. And let me tell you something, Angelica here, is way better than you in every way. You'll never compare to her. She and her friends are living with us for who knows how long, so if you're not okay with that, well, that's up to you. What I'm going to tell you now is even going to make you more mad, because Angelica here is my girlfriend". Just after the word 'girlfriend' left his mouth, everyone let out louder gasps than before. Sasha had the widest eyes of them all.
"And you really thought I wouldn't get to know what you've been doing behind my back?" Even when we were in that fake relationship, you were snooping around my back with my mortal enemy. You know how much I loath him, yet you still go out with him" Ryder was now fuming. I don't know what he was talking about. I moved my gaze to Blake to see him also fuming at Chloé.

"Ryder, I don't know what's going on but just please, calm down" I placed my hand on his balled fists, and just like that, he calmed down. His fingers were no longer in a fist.

"Let's go" Taylor said right as the starting bell rang. She grabbed Chloé's hand before leaving.

"C'mon" I said to Blake and Ryder. They each gave Sasha a glance before we all left the parking lot for our first class.

Lessons went by fast. I couldn't get the what Ryder said to Sasha out of my head. Who was he talking about, who happened to be his mortal enemy?

"Ange, we'll see you at home after your date. Have fun". Chloé told me. She and Tay gave me a hug before they got into Blake's car and drove off.

I was thinking whether the date was still on with all that happened.
Walking to the parking lot, I saw Ryder infront of his car.

"Are you alright? We can go on the date another time" I assured him.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Shall we get going?" He opened the passenger's door for me and closed it after I settled in.

"Where are we going?" I asked him as we drove away to where we were having the date.

"Somewhere beautiful" he simply replied.

"And that place doesn't have a name?"

"It has, I'm sure you'll love it".

"Alright. Wanna listen to some music?" I asked him which he replied with a 'yes'.

I turned the radio on and one of my favourite songs was on.
Flicker by Niall Horan came through. This song hold a very special place in my heart. All Niall's songs do. His music is great.

"I love this song" both Ryder and I said making us laugh.

When you feel your love's been taking
When you know there's something missing
In the dark, we're barely hanging on
And you rest your head upon my chest
And you feel like there ain't nothing left
I'm afraid that what we had is gone
Then I think of the start
And it echoes a spark
I remember the magic electricity
And I look in my heart, there's a light in the dark
Still a flicker of hope.that you first gave to me
That I wanna keep, please don't leave.

We sang throughout the whole song. It ended just as we arrived at the destination.

"Holly Molly! It's this where I think it is?"