Chapter 28

After calling the girls and Blake, they arrived her under 10 minutes since we weren't far from home. I called them after I called the ambulance. They arrived just as the ambulance arrived. I wasn't allowed to talk or make much movement. Ryder was still unconscious. I was in the same ambulance as Ryder. I grabbed his hands holding him tightly and pleading for him to open his eyes. There was no way I could stop the tears from flowing.

"Miss, you have to calm down please" one of the ladies said to which I ignored.

"Why did this have to happen just after our unforgettable date. Why?" I cried out.

"Please calm down, you took some impressive measures to make sure your boyfriend is safe and that took him away from danger. I can assure you 100% percent that he's safe. I promise" her words calmed me but I still wanted Ryder to open his eyes to assure me he's fine.

I felt a tug at my hands and looked up at Ryder. He has his eyes open and said to me.

"Remember the words engraved in the ring, I'll forever love you. I want to add I'll always be there with you. Don't worry, I'm fine, I'm alright, nothing will happen to me. I have the world's best girlfriend by my side. I Love You".

"Please stay with me. I Love You too". I started crying again. I looked at Ryder to see his eyes closed. But his words kept me assured. I know he's alright. He's fine. I believe in God that he'll be alright.

I met the others at the hospital. They visited me in my room. My left hand was in a cast. The girls and Blake each signed their names and wrote inspirational words on the cast which made me feel better than before.

"Ryder! How's Ryder? How's he doing? Is he alright" I asked them.

"Ange, Ryder's alright. But he has been in a coma for 2 weeks and you were in a coma for a week and 4 days. You just woke up. The doctor said you went to coma because you couldn't stop thinking about the accident" Blake told me, with his hands rested on my shoulder.

"The students back in school were informed of what happened and they brought in these flowers for you, there are some in Ryder's room too. And they told us to tell you two to get better and that they hope to see you soon in school" Tay told me.

"We haven't been to school since the accident, our families back home knows what happened and so do Ryder's family. They wanted to fly back badly but after much persuasion from us, they agreed not to. They said the send lots of love and ask you and Ryder to get better soon" Chloé informed me.

"I want to see Ryder" I told them.

They helped me get out from the hospital bed and guided me to Ryder's room.

There he lay on the bed in his hospital gown, still looking as handsome as ever. I sat beside him on the bed and brushed a few strands of his hair out of his face.

"Ryder, I know you can hear me, please get up. Open your eyes for me. Please" I started to cry once again.

"We'll leave you two to grab some food for you" Tay said before leaving us alone.

I couldn't control my tears once again. It kept flowing and flowing.

"I'm sleeping beside you today" I stared at him till sleep took over me.

***
I've been sleeping beside Ryder for the past 2 weeks. He has been in a comma for a month now and I was loosing my mind, but I never lost hope, because I know God is always by our side and there's nothing to fear.

I Need A Doctor by Eminem, Dr Dre and Skylar Grey has been playing in my head non stop for the past month.

I'm about to loose my mind
You've been gone for so long
I'm running out of time.
I need a doctor, call me a doctor, I need a doctor, doctor to bring me back to life.