•chapter twenty one•

🌈

The weekend finally rolls around and like expected-everyone comes over. Jamie and Lili look out my window at Lucas, Nathan and Grey playing basketball.

"You guys are going to get caught." Opal says as she picks at her nails.

"No we won't!" Lili peers over the bed further.

"Your nose is practically touching the window Lili!" I giggle. "Are you sure you aren't close enough?" I tease.

"Nope." She laughs and press her face against the window making me laugh.

"Ugh- Violet how do you not look at them everyday!" Jamie groans.

"JAMIE! He's- taking his shirt off-" Lili squeals and grabs Jamie's shirt blindly to grab her attention.

"They all areee!!" Jamie squeals cutting another sequel coming from Lili.

"You guys are funny." I say walking up to the window.

I drag the curtains over the window and Lili and Jamie groan.

"You have to admit one of them are at-least hot!" Jamie says, practically drooling.

"Let's forget about them. I thought this was a girls day!" I fake groan and put my hands on my hips.

"Me too." Opal grumbles.

"So lets make it!" I say trying to excite everyone. "Let's do our nails!" I suggest.

Lili and Jamie turn toward the window and I give in- a little.

"We can do it outside." I persuade.

"Yes!" They both say excitedly.

Grabbing my nail polish bag we go to the front porch.

"They act like they are all that when they are just regular." Opal confesses to me about the boys.

"I know..." I stare at them running down the stairs to the front porch. You would've thought that lava was chasing them.

I sit on one of the chairs and Opal takes a seat next to me.

"Can I do your nails?" I ask Opal excitedly.

"hard no." She shakes her head.

She oddly reminds me of a female version of Grey.

"Please..." I plead, trying to mimic puppy eyes.

"...fine." She gives in.

"Yay!" I cheer. I pull up my mail polish and rummage through the exciting and vibrant colors.

"But no bright colors." She warns.

Well, we'll see about that. She goes on her phone while I do her left hand.

She said not to use bright colors but I couldn't help but put rainbow colors. I mean her darkish colored clothes would just look so much better if they just had a pop of color! Not trying to change or anything! Just a little color to brighten up her mood.

She feel asleep half way though scrolling through her phone so when she wakes up she will be so happy.

I spring up to Lili and Jamie and offer them my highly skilled nail artist work for free but they decline.

I check on the sleeping Opal and decide to poke her cheek.

"opal?" I whisper.

She lightly snores and I giggle.

"Opal, OPAL!" I scream.

She jumps and finally wakes up. She shakes her head and looks down at her nails and immediately starts to get mad.

"I said no bright colors! What's the hell V!"

"Pretty right!" I ignore her and  smile.

"Whatever, do you have nail polish remover?"

"no." I reply looking anywhere but her.

"V! I'm going to get you back!" She threatens and gives me her deadliest death glare.

I giggle at her threat and hear Lili and Jamie giggling about something.

I look over to see what's going on and see Lucas, Grey and Nathan walk toward us.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW
🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞