Chapter 12

Lauren's pov

It's been a few weeks since camila first came here and she's been staying ever since, I was upstairs with her. She was led down taking a nap, she has been in her little space all day, I get up cleaning my room because it definitely needs a clean.

As I was taking some dirty washing downstairs I see my mom in the kitchen, she takes it off me and starts to put some in.

After thanking her I grab a bottle of water, she already had one so I didn't offer.

"Lauren" mom said, I look at her and nod taking a sip of water

"You know that camila has been staying here for a while" Mom said, I nod a little nervous and scared that she's about to say she needs to go home, mom doesn't know what camilas dad did to her on the night she came here, I know he's done it before because she told me but mom doesn't know.

"How about you offer her to live here...I know things at home is terrible for her, it puts her life at risk and I can see you two have a really close and strong friendship and bond, ask her if she'd like to move in" mom said, I smile and nod.

"Uh, Yeh sure, I'll ask her when she wakes up" I say, mom nods with a small smile and I go
Upstairs, I can't believe my mom has given camila the option to live here, that's crazy.

I sit on the bed next to camila, but I have my back on the backboard of the bed, I go on my phone waiting for her to wake up.

After a while she did, I feel her move around and look, she stretched and looks at me I smile and she smiles back.

"Hey" I say, she puts her head on my lap

"Hey" she said, I run my hand through her hair

"Are you big or little?" I ask, she rolls over so she was on her back

"Big" she mumbled, I nod and put my phone away

"I need to ask you something" I say, she nods

"Do you want to live here? My mom has asked me to ask you, because at your house all that stuff goes on and it puts you at risk...we all want you to be safe Camz" I say, she smiles and sits up.

"Thanks, but...I feel like a burden if I do" she said, I shook my head and place my hand over hers on the bed.

"No camz, you're not we just want to keep you safe, I promise that you'll be nothing but a pleasure to stay here...just, I don't want to see you get extremely hurt...physically" I say, she sighed and leans over resting her head on my shoulder.

"Fine" she mumbled, I smile and do a little happy dance in my head

"Only because I like it here" she said, I giggle and nod

"That's fine" I say, she giggles and I kiss her head

We tell my mom who tells the others, they was happy about it as well, I know they really care about camila and want her to be safe.

That's how the day went, just as it Usually would, camila did fall back into her headspace after a bit and I gave her a bath and we went to bed.