Peanut Patrol ♡Zendaya

(2,794 words)

Y/n's POV

The only perk of having a life-threatening allergy to peanuts is that I get to lug around very high quality, allergen detection equipment: my service dog  CJ. My parents decided it was vital to inquire for a service dog after Tommy Davis sent me into anaphylactic shock on the playground with his stupid Nutter Butter fingers. 

At nearly half my size with a chocolate brown coat, this Labrador is the ONLY sight for sore eyes in this whole school - besides maybe for one person. Zendaya Coleman. I've had a crush on her ever since we were little when she body checked Tommy the day after my near death accident. I'm more than pleased to say that she has aged very well since then. 

It also just so happened that her body checking skills came in handy, considering she's our school's leading football player. And not only is she an absolute hunk, but she's been protecting me from any other potential peanut accident's like the sweetheart she is. Her efforts are only so effective because she somehow ended up in all of my classes. 

In return for her heroic duties, I let her play with CJ during our classes sometimes. Even though no one's really allowed to play with CJ since he's on duty, she makes up for it. She doesn't know this but I think of both of them as my little knights in shining armor. After all when Daya fails to kick someone out of class for eating peanut m&m's, CJ manages to back her up.

I walked towards my AP psychology class with my matcha to see Zendaya already policing people by the threshold of our class. 

"You know Ms.Coleman, I don't think you need to stand outside of the door with me to patrol my own students about what peanut products they've handled in the past hour", Mrs. Zoya humorously mentioned to Zendaya. 

"While Mrs. Zoya I'll have you knowww that I've been keeping her safe since 7th grade, so it's basically an unwritten rule for me. Plus I get brownie points for playtime with CJ", Zendaya responded playfully.

 Their conversation was interrupted by the presence of CJ and I. Zendaya excitedly waved to CJ and CJ reciprocated with aggressive tail wagging. To say CJ liked Zendaya was an understatement - he absolutely LOVED her. Probably not more than I do though.

"Morning Y/n. Morning CJ. Is that matcha? Can I have a sippy?", Zendaya pouted down at me.

Paying no mind to our interaction any longer, Mrs.Zoya greeted me and headed back inside to the classroom. I laughed as I made eye contact with Zendaya to see her still pouting for a sip. I narrowed my eyes at her and wondered if she still remembered one of our inside jokes. 

"Password Coleman", I said. 

 Zendaya looked me seriously in the eyes, almost challenging me on if I remembered it myself. She began to cross her heart and steady me by my waist making me blush.

"I swear to you that I haven't consumed anything with peanuts in it for the past day and a half, plus I've been brushing reallyy well," Zendaya pleaded. 

I laughed at how unbearably cute she is around me, so gentle for a 6'2 quarter back. I adjusted my backpack and CJ's leash and handed her my half full cup of matcha.

"Glad that brain of yours  finally managed to memorize something. You can have the rest bub, I'm done with it," I said before going on my tippy toes to kiss her cheek and walking into the classroom. 

I quickly made my way to my seat before looking back towards the doorway. Zendaya stood there leaning against the door while holding her cheek and looking off into space. It wasn't long before people started lining up at the door to tell her about their peanut product handling history's. My laughter from afar was enough to bring her back to real life, her cheeks flushed red once she realized she had been caught.